Addblock Plus for Maxthon 3?

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Maxthon

Addblock Plus for Maxthon 3?

Postby Ric » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:09 pm

Hey,

I've been using adblock plus for quite a while now, and I think it's absolutely brilliant.
I used it on Firefox and later on in Google Chrome. But recently I've switched to Maxthon 3 because it's just a lot faster.
I would really like a decent adblocker in Maxthon 3 as I think it's only flaw is not having adblock plus.

Is it possible to port Adblock Plus to Maxthon 3?
I read in an old post (2008) it wouldn't work on the older versions of Maxthon, but is that still the case?
As you may know Maxthon 3 uses two engines, Trident and Webkit. 1 mostly for legacy support and the other for fast browsing.

I hope to hear from you soon,

Ric
Ric

Re: Addblock Plus for Maxthon 3?

Postby lewisje » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:58 am

I heard that Adblock Plus for various other platforms, including Internet Explorer, might be available by the end of the year: http://thenextweb.com/video/2012/09/19/ ... wser-near/

I'm surprised that there's no news on this site about it, but depending on how the Internet Explorer version is implemented, it may also work with Maxthon in Trident mode, albeit requiring an IE session to actually configure the BHO; however, unless Maxthon uses an extension framework similar to Chrome or Safari, it's doubtful that ABP would work with Maxthon in Webkit mode, unless Till Faida & Co. actually bring out a version of ABP specifically for Maxthon.
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.
lewisje

Postby cooky24 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:46 am

I've been using adblock plus for quite a while now, and I think it's absolutely brilliant and the designer of it may be a genius .
cooky24

Postby abdi » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:19 pm

hollo
how using maxthon with adblock
abdi

Postby fang5566 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:28 pm

I heard of that Maxthon has two engines, one of which is Webkit. I guess you can install ABP for Chrome. :)
fang5566

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:50 pm

fang5566 wrote:I heard of that Maxthon has two engines, one of which is Webkit. I guess you can install ABP for Chrome. :)
lewisje wrote:I heard that Adblock Plus for various other platforms, including Internet Explorer, might be available by the end of the year: http://thenextweb.com/video/2012/09/19/ ... wser-near/

I'm surprised that there's no news on this site about it, but depending on how the Internet Explorer version is implemented, it may also work with Maxthon in Trident mode, albeit requiring an IE session to actually configure the BHO; however, unless Maxthon uses an extension framework similar to Chrome or Safari, it's doubtful that ABP would work with Maxthon in Webkit mode, unless Till Faida & Co. actually bring out a version of ABP specifically for Maxthon.

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:05 am

:)
fang5566 wrote:I heard of that Maxthon has two engines, one of which is Webkit. I guess you can install ABP for Chrome. :)

Postby lewisje » Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:00 pm

I'm not sure that Maxthon has the Chromium extension system (which is separate from Blink, the fork of Webkit that current Chromium derivatives use as a browser engine); it does, however, have an extension system, and maybe in the future Eyeo will decide to support it (they're probably focusing on Safari next).
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.
lewisje

Postby greiner » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:24 pm

Maxthon does not use the same extension system as Chromium and it doesn't even seem to be based on Chromium. They use WebKit which is the rendering engine in Safari and Chromium (although they're now working on a forked version of WebKit called Blink) but this has little to do with how the browser itself deals with extensions.
greiner
ABP Developer

Return to Adblock Plus for Maxthon support