Opening a web site from address bar

Everything about using Adblock Browser on Android
Maraude

Opening a web site from address bar

Post by Maraude »

Hello and thank you for correcting the access bug to this peculiar forum.

I installed adblock browser on my android (lollypop) smartphone.
I cannot manage to open a website from the address bar.
I enter the address manually, character by character and I have no mean to launch the website : no button, no arrow, I get only links to search for this address in a bunch of different search engines. I want to launch the site by entering the address in address bar, I do not want to launch any search engine.
In the configuration section, I un-notched the box for search suggestions. But I get only search suggestions.

I keep explaining all day long that accessing a website must me done via the address bar or the bookmarks list, and that google is not the natural way. In this special case, I use smartphone to check the look of the websites I build before launching them publicly. Of course these test sites will never be found in search results. And I do not want these url be found by search engines. And this is the risk if I use the search engine links provided in my adblock browser.

Thank you for help and advice. And sorry for my awkful English, it's not my mother language.
p_hill

Re: Opening a web site from address bar

Post by p_hill »

If you use the Android default keyboard, you should see a white arrow on a green round button in right lower corner. That it equal to the return/enter key on a desktop keyboard and will open the entered URL.