Adblock Browser stops Spotify on Android

Everything about using Adblock Browser on Android
bjamri

Adblock Browser stops Spotify on Android

Post by bjamri »

Whenever I listen to Spotify music and then start the AdBlock Browser, Spotify stops playing. When staying at the opening page, it may take some minutes, but when opening a webpage, Spotify stops as soon as the page is loaded completely. Is the AdBlock Browser respecting the Audio Focus as described in http://android-developers.blogspot.nl/2 ... focus.html?
p_hill

Re: Adblock Browser stops Spotify on Android

Post by p_hill »

I tried that with a Nexus 7, Opening Spotify, playing some track, opening Adblock browser and navigating to http://adblockplus.org but the music continued playing. Which site did you navigate to? Which device did you use and which site with which Adblock Browser version? Are you using Spotify for free or with a subscription?
bjamri

Post by bjamri »

My phone is Sony Xperia SP with:
Android 4.3 build 12.1.A.1.205 and kernel 3.4.0-perf-g4c8352f-00775-g89dacae
Adblock Browser 1.0.0.20150908022333
Spotify 3.9.0.965

Music stops independent of the site I'm navigating to. No exception for http://ablockplus.org. Today I noticed that Spotify sometimes stops before a page was loaded completely, sometimes after that.

I'm using Spotify with a subscription. In the discussion I had with Spotify support I even got a temporary test account to eliminate any problem with my Spotify account. The test account did not make any change in behaviour. Before my discussion with Spotify support I had the same problem when using the Chrome browser, but they managed to fix that. For the Adblock Browser after all I was advised to contact the developers of the Adblock Browser.

For what it's worth: being connected over WiFi at home or at my work or over 3G makes no difference also.
p_hill

Post by p_hill »

One more question to outrule low memory issues: Is the Spotify app getting closed when the music stops or still running?
bjamri

Post by bjamri »

Spotify statusbar icon in left upper corner disappears, Settings -> Apps -> Active does not list Spotify anymore, so I think it is closed, but...

When I press the button for most recently used apps (right bottom corner) and wait a while, then the Spotify icon comes back in the upper left corner and Spotify is also back in the list of active apps.

That gives me some doubt about Spotify being really closed.
p_hill

Post by p_hill »

Could you share an Android bug report with support@adblockplus.org right after that happens?
https://sites.google.com/site/barksidea ... on-android
(After having the feature enabled, you can also long-press the on/off button on most devices to get the bug report option)
bjamri

Post by bjamri »

Let me make one thing clear first: I'm not an Android geek (not meant in a negative way), just a user.

I tried getting a bug report, but then I got stuck on step 6: wait a minute or three. Even after three times three minutes there was no bug report. Am I mising something? The screenprint gives me the imression that a notification should popup. Is that the right iompression or should I find the bug report at a specific place? Under "Debugging" I see an option to select an app for debugging. Do I need that or is that an option to use an alternative for Androids standard?

I can understand your question for a bug report, but how to get that is bugging me.