Page 1 of 1

exit button

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:05 pm
by Patatrak
Hi, since I discovered it, I simply have been loving this browser but I have a noobie question. I can't seem to be able to figure out how to quickly exit the browser. In fact I can't find anywhere an exit button or something. So to exit I have to keep pushing the "back" arrow on my smartphone. Am I missing something here?

Thanks for your help

Re: exit button

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:31 pm
by lewisje
There should be a standard button on Android for going back to the home screen, ad another one for viewing the open apps in order to close some of them.

Re: exit button

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:56 pm
by Patatrak
Thanks. I'm trying to figure it out. Too bad there is no specific button like in Opera. Oh well ....

Re: exit button

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:40 pm
by rach
Hey Patatrak!

Thanks for reaching out to us.
You are right. There is no button to "exit" the app at the moment.
We have already added that to our list of feature requests and hopefully we will soon have that ready.

We will keep the users posted (through facebook or twitter)

Let us know in case you have any other question.

Re: exit button

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:47 pm
by Patatrak
rach wrote:Hey Patatrak!

Thanks for reaching out to us.
You are right. There is no button to "exit" the app at the moment.
We have already added that to our list of feature requests and hopefully we will soon have that ready.

We will keep the users posted (through facebook or twitter)

Let us know in case you have any other question.


Thanks rach I appreciate it. :wink:

Re: exit button

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:16 pm
by rach
Hey Patatrak!

Anytime :D

Re: exit button

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:36 pm
by rach
Hey Patatrak!

We found a solution for this. Check it out: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/ho ... ox-android
Let us know if you have any other question.

Re: exit button

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:54 pm
by Patatrak
rach wrote:Hey Patatrak!

We found a solution for this. Check it out: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/ho ... ox-android
Let us know if you have any other question.


Excellent!!! That did the trick and the "quit" entry magically appeared. Thumbs up!!

Re: exit button

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:51 am
by lewisje
Patatrak wrote:Thanks. I'm trying to figure it out. Too bad there is no specific button like in Opera. Oh well ....
I was talking about a hardware button, something that is available regardless of which Android app you're using; anyway, the advice above is good too.

Re: exit button

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:33 pm
by MyCastle
rach wrote:Hey Patatrak!

Thanks for reaching out to us.
You are right. There is no button to "exit" the app at the moment.
We have already added that to our list of feature requests and hopefully we will soon have that ready.

We will keep the users posted (through facebook or twitter)

Let us know in case you have any other question.


Perhaps I am overlooking the obvious, but now in 2020 I can't find how to exit either. Rather humerous but also can't find any documentation on the AdBlock BROWSER for Android anywhere. I actually registered on this forum just to post this as everything I've come across points to anything *BUT* usage of the browser app on Android.

So, how do you exit the Adblock BROWSER for Android? Back, back; Task kill it;

Re: exit button

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:31 pm
by Luna Moon
You still can use the advice above to open the window on your phone. ;)