Video Display

Everything about using Adblock Browser on Android
des421

Video Display

Post by des421 »

Hi,

All embedded video display is partially pixelated/scrambled on my Pixel C? No pun intended. Stuff which plays fine in Chrome browser.

rach

Re: Video Display

Post by rach »

Hey DES!

Thanks for reaching out to us.
What is the Android version of your Pixel C?
Also, could you provide an example of website where these videos display are pixelated/scrambled? We will try to run some tests from here.
Hope to be able to support you with that :)
des421

Post by des421 »

Hi,
The Pixel C started out with Marshmallow (6.0.1). Here's a perfect example of what I'm talking about:
http://www.theverge.com/2016/2/28/11130 ... cs-cant-do
All the videos display very badly in Adblocker but are normal in Chrome.
des421

Post by des421 »

More info:
Interestingly, I installed the browser on my Nexus 7, running the same version of Android, and it works perfectly there? Notably there are some differences. Full Screen wasn't available on the Nexus 7, but was on the Pixel C? (The problem appears in either mode.)

There's more than a little I don't understand about Android. For example, the Nexus 7 opens links in Feedly in "something" (other than what I know about and not too shabby), but no default browser is set there? While on the Pixel C only the "known" browsers are offered if the defaults are cleared? I don't get it? There must be a Hidden browser on the Nexus 7?
des421

Post by des421 »

I resolved the mysterious browser problem. That's a function of Feedly, open web pages directly in "Chrome custom tabs". Never heard of it before? But it works good with Feedly. Sorry for the diversion.
des421

Post by des421 »

Hi,

It's been a month now and I'm sure you realize Adblocker Browser can't display any video on the Pixel C correctly. Here's hoping there's a fix soon?

DES
rach

Post by rach »

Hey des421!

We are aware of the bugs with the Player, and unfortunately we do not have the exact same device (Pixel C) to test the videos in order to investigate the issue.
However, we are working on it and hope to find a solution soon.

We will keep the users posted. :)
jenkins1234

Post by jenkins1234 »

I just want to add that I'm having the exact same problem with my pixel c, same video problems, had the issues on marshmallow before upgrading to nougat and the problems remain. It seems like some sort of pixel c only issue :(
rach

Post by rach »

Hey jenkins1234!

We will have a look into that.
Although not sure if we can have it fixed till the next release is out. :) Thanks for reporting