Address Bar Auto Fills Address

Everything about using Adblock Browser on Android
asjain275

Address Bar Auto Fills Address

Post by asjain275 »

Hi, my phone is Nexus 6P running latest Android 7.0. Problem is on fresh install the problem doesn't happen, say I install Adblock and visit facebook.com the site loads fine but if after that I want to visit any website starting with f then the entire address bar is auto filled with facebook.com URL. Problem is universal with any website so if I open Google.com it loads fine but after that if I wish to visit Gmail.com the entry becomes Gmailoogle.com. After pressing g the Google URL is auto filled and I need to manually delete. Once this happens any website I open loads like that gameroogle.com where i wished to open gamer.com (just an example)

I've reinstalled many times also problem stays over all version of Google 7.0
Madkrok

Re: Address Bar Auto Fills Address

Post by Madkrok »

Good afternoon,

I have run into the exact same issue after upgrading yesterday to Android 7.0. I am using a Sony Xperia Z5 Compact, the address bar was behaving properly before the update.

Worth of interest: I am using SwiftKey for typing. When I switch to the stock keyboard, the behaviour seems normal.
Feuertier

Post by Feuertier »

I have the same issue, though I've always had Android 7.0. I'm about to universal AdBlock Browser due to the frustration.
jessicawhite999

Post by jessicawhite999 »

What wrong with Android 7.0? This problem happened a lot of time with many people. I just wanna come back Android 6, or something must be changed.