Tabs keep reverting back

Everything about using Adblock Browser on Android
nonstopbg

Tabs keep reverting back

Post by nonstopbg »

Hello team,
Merry Christmas!

I have the following trouble:

I like opening a few new tabs while I'm browsing on data plan to later review them while on WiFi. I close the ones I went through and the rest remain for later. However, after a certain amount of tabs (20-60), the browser crashes and reverts to a previous state. It forgets some of the newest tabs, but keeps old ones I have already discarded and closed - I have to close them again and again and again.
Recently it started forgetting not only newest tabs, but some random old ones that should be kept from previous sessions.
I've set it to restore tabs on startup and turning it off isn't an option. Using bookmarks isn't an option either.
Phone is Sony Xperia M2 Aqua, Android 4.4.4. I believe there is a memory leak/memory trouble as it probably tries to load each new tab at the time I create it. If there is a way to just create the tabs and only load the active one(s) that I've clicked on, I believe the issue would be solved. The default browser can do it without a problem up to hundreds of tabs, but of course the ads ruin the experience.

Any feedback or advice would be welcome, thanks for your help!
rach

Re: Tabs keep reverting back

Post by rach »

Hey nonstopbg,

Thanks for reaching out to us and apologies about the delay.
We are aware of that issue. You can follow up with it here: https://issues.adblockplus.org/ticket/4642
We expect a fix to come with the next release, although there is no timeframe for that yet.
Let us know in case you have any other question.