iPad says Ap is incompatible with my device

Everything about using Adblock Plus on iOS

iPad says Ap is incompatible with my device

Postby Hels » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:25 am

I have an iPad with IOS9.3 and I cannot download any adblocker Ap - I just get this incompatible message every time - help!
Hels
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:22 am

Re: iPad says Ap is incompatible with my device

Postby rach » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:57 am

Hey Hels!

Thanks for reaching out to us.
ABP app for Safari works only on newer devices with iOS 9 and 64 bit memory. What iPad do you have?
See more here: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=44934
rach
ABP Community Manager
 
Posts: 314
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:05 am

Re: iPad says Ap is incompatible with my device

Postby vimmetlop » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:44 pm

I am also facing the same problem in my ipad too. an i don't know how to solve it.anyway, i have hope, we can find a solution from here and please anyone share the correct information to solve the problem.
vimmetlop
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:36 pm

Re: iPad says Ap is incompatible with my device

Postby 30blw » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:13 pm

I have the same problem running iOS version 9.3.2. Please reply.
30blw
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:09 pm

Re: iPad says Ap is incompatible with my device

Postby smed79 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:33 am

30blw wrote:I have the same problem running iOS version 9.3.2. Please reply.

Adblock Plus app for Safari works only on iPhone 5s and newer devices with iOS 9 and 64 bit memory.
User avatar
smed79
 
Posts: 1221
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:51 am
Location: EasyList Forum

Re: iPad says Ap is incompatible with my device

Postby 30blw » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:36 pm

smed79 wrote:
30blw wrote:I have the same problem running iOS version 9.3.2. Please reply.

Adblock Plus app for Safari works only on iPhone 5s and newer devices with iOS 9 and 64 bit memory.



Reiterating, I am running iOS version 9.3.2 on a "newer" iPad and on a iPhone 5C. This is not operator error.

If I cannot use this app for whatever reason, I will stop trying to install it.
30blw
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:09 pm

Re: iPad says Ap is incompatible with my device

Postby lewisje » Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:15 am

30blw wrote:
smed79 wrote:
30blw wrote:I have the same problem running iOS version 9.3.2. Please reply.
Adblock Plus app for Safari works only on iPhone 5s and newer devices with iOS 9 and 64 bit memory.
Reiterating, I am running iOS version 9.3.2 on a "newer" iPad and on a iPhone 5C. This is not operator error.
Unfortunately, there is no way to tell the App Store to only show the app to 64-bit devices (the only distinctions are by major iOS version and by iPad vs. iPod/iPhone), so if you are running a 32-bit iOS device with iOS9+, you will see the app in the store and even obtain it, but installation will fail.

With that said, the only iPhones that are 64-bit are iPhone 5S and all models of the iPhone 6 and later; the only 64-bit iPod Touch is 6th generation or later; the only 64-bit iPads are the Mini 2 and later and all Air and Pro models (in particular, the iPad 4 and earlier are 32-bit).

The following iOS devices support iOS 9 but are not 64-bit: iPad Mini, iPad 2-4, iPod Touch 5th generation (both with and without rear camera), and iPhone 4S, 5, and 5C.

---
I'll admit, "and newer" was a bit inaccurate, because the 5C came out a bit after the 5S if I remember correctly, but it has similar specs to the 5; also, "64-bit" is a property of the CPU, not of memory (it's also a property of various system buses, but usually by "64-bit device" we mean a device with a CPU that has a 64-bit word-size), so smed79 may have confused you there too.
Last edited by lewisje on Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.
lewisje
 
Posts: 2711
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:07 pm

Re: iPad says Ap is incompatible with my device

Postby Pluser » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:49 am

Then why does it says that it's compatible with iPhone 4S in a description on the Appstore? I have iPhone 4S with iOS 9.3.3 and I get "incompatible device" message when trying to install.
Pluser
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:55 am

Re: iPad says Ap is incompatible with my device

Postby lewisje » Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:07 am

Pluser wrote:Then why does it says that it's compatible with iPhone 4S in a description on the Appstore? I have iPhone 4S with iOS 9.3.3 and I get "incompatible device" message when trying to install.
lewisje wrote:there is no way to tell the App Store to only show the app to 64-bit devices
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.
lewisje
 
Posts: 2711
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:07 pm

Re: iPad says Ap is incompatible with my device

Postby dshchurov » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:35 pm

So, please remove "Compatible with iPad mini", because it is not. iPad mini 64x might have a different name.
dshchurov
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:33 pm

Re: iPad says Ap is incompatible with my device

Postby lewisje » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:11 am

It's not compatible with the original iPad Mini, but it is compatible with the Mini 2 and later; still, they can't block App Store users by specific device, just by device class (like iPad vs. iPhone/iPod) and by iOS version.

Also, if I had any control over the text that is shown in the App Store listing, I would indicate that among other things, the original iPad Mini cannot run the ABP app.
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.
lewisje
 
Posts: 2711
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:07 pm

Re: iPad says Ap is incompatible with my device

Postby john21wall » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:01 pm

I have Weblock, which is running on my iPod touch 5 with iOS 9

Can't recall if it is paid or was free, or if they have a trial, but it works.

it does work by running your connection through a proxy that blocks the ad servers, and some hotspots will not allow that, so you may want to consider that if you decide to try it
john21wall
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:57 am

Re: iPad says Ap is incompatible with my device

Postby jamephan2009 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:45 pm

Hels wrote:I have an iPad with IOS9.3 and I cannot download any adblocker Ap - I just get this incompatible message every time - help!

ABP app for Safari works only on newer devices with iOS 9 and 64 bit memory
jamephan2009
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:58 am

Re: iPad says Ap is incompatible with my device

Postby lewisje » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:30 am

john21wall wrote:I have Weblock, which is running on my iPod touch 5 with iOS 9

Can't recall if it is paid or was free, or if they have a trial, but it works.

it does work by running your connection through a proxy that blocks the ad servers, and some hotspots will not allow that, so you may want to consider that if you decide to try it
Weblock is a one-time payment, and it allows you to set up a custom Proxy-Autoconfig file that you can use with other devices too; the developer of that app, FutureMind, also makes a FakeVPN-style adblocker called Adblock, which is also a one-time payment.
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.
lewisje
 
Posts: 2711
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:07 pm

Re: iPad says Ap is incompatible with my device

Postby skullboy » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:09 am

Thanks a lot for all this helpful tips and suggestion, that means am gonna upgrade my iPad to the latest version and stop worrying about compatibility issue.
skullboy
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:42 am
Location: Texas


Return to Adblock Plus for iOS support

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest