Whitelist seemingly being ignored?

Everything about using Adblock Plus on iOS
Ebj

Whitelist seemingly being ignored?

Post by Ebj »

Greetings, wanted to report a behavior I've noticed on ABP plugin 1.1.0 on iOS 9.2.1 on both an iPad Pro and an iPhone 6S Plus. The newest version of ABP offers whitelisting for sites we don't want to block, so I've put this site, firstonetv.eu, on my whitelist. The site will block its content unless adblockers are disabled, so it's a good tested for blockers. Up till now I'd have to reload each single page of the site without blockers to see its content, so I 2as hoping a whitelist would help. But putting the site url on ABP's whitelist doesn't do the trick. It's not just that the site detects ABP being installed, it's that for the brief moment before the site shows its request not to block ads, you can see that they aren't being shown on the page, which is to say, ABP blocks them all the same. By long-pressing one ad when the page had been loaded without blockers, I read its url, it was a Google ad, so I put its server on the whitelist too, and again it did nothing.

How is the whitelist supposed to be used, and is this the intended behavior? Because right now it's of no use to me.
rach

Re: Whitelist seemingly being ignored?

Post by rach »

Hey Ebj!

Thanks for reporting that.
We were able to reproduce that and you are correct. I have communicated that issue internally and we will investigate the possible cause in order to be able to fix it.
Meanwhile what we could recommend is that you try Adblock Browser for iOS: https://adblockbrowser.org/ It works fine for that.

Again thanks for letting us know, and please don't hesitate to contact us in case you find any other unusual behavior with our products. :)

All the best,
rach

Post by rach »

Hey Ebj!

Here you can follow up with the issue that was open for that today: https://issues.adblockplus.org/ticket/3688#ticket
Ebj

Post by Ebj »

Thanks for the contributions, will keep an eye on it. Cheers.
rach

Post by rach »

You are very welcome!
Thank YOU for supporting us.
Ebj

Post by Ebj »

Hello, I've noticed the issue has been set to solved, but as there hasn't been an update to the app yet I haven't seen a change of behavior. Is one forthcoming?
rach

Post by rach »

Hey Ebj!

It has been fixed but it can only be shipped in the next release.
We still don't have a fixed date yet, but should be coming soon.

Let us know in case you have any other question.
Ebj

Post by Ebj »

I, as well as others, will be awaiting the next release anxiously. Thanks for the consideration.