ABP for iOS should be labeled as a Utility.

Everything about using Adblock Plus on iOS
user12121315

ABP for iOS should be labeled as a Utility.

Post by user12121315 »

Currently the app/extension is in the productivity category. It belongs in the utility category

I don't do anything productive with the extension itself. It does nothing productive at all, BUT it is a tool. A VERY useful tool to stop messy ads in my browser. Much like the ABP browser, I use it as a tool to browse the internet without ads taking over my screen.

ABP browser is even categorized as a utility and it can be well argued that you do much more productive activities with the browser itself than you would with the extension itself.

Anyways its just something that really bothered me. Would be great if to get others thoughts on this. I wish the category can get changed from productivity to utility on the extension. ABP has been around the longest from what I see so the miscategorisation would only harm its own endeavor.
rach

Re: ABP for iOS should be labeled as a Utility.

Post by rach »

hey user12121315 !

Currently we are evaluating the potential of other categories. Even though it will take a little longer for the evaluation, we'll most likely stick to the current category.
Thanks for sharing your opinion and don't hesitate to contact us again.
Cheers!