Win10 and browser Edge

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Microsoft Edge
sim22x

Win10 and browser Edge

Post by sim22x »

Do you have adblock for this browser? :)
mapx

Re: Win10 and browser Edge

Post by mapx »

it seems ... "coming soon" !
CredSpec1

Post by CredSpec1 »

Needed for Windows 10 Edge desperately. I forgot how bad the ads are without Adblock. I feel like I just walked through a carnival fun house -- all the flashing, popping, shouting and shaking ads have psychologically abused my mind. I had to walk away from my computer and lay down for a while. That is why I came here looking for my Adblock. Please make it so.
keithepop

Post by keithepop »

Is work being done to get Adblock Plus working for Edge? Browsing without adds is so nice.

thank you!
mapx

Post by mapx »

http://recode.net/2015/07/28/microsoft- ... wser-edge/
Browser Extensions
Speaking of browser extensions: Microsoft has said it is bringing support for extensions to Edge later this year. According to the company, extensions built for other modern browsers using common Web technologies like JavaScript and HTML will work with Microsoft Edge with little or no code changes.
http://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft-ed ... -at-launch
Unfortunately, that extension support won’t be available from the get go as Edge is expected to receive a number of feature updates even after RTM and the Windows 10 launch.
There’s no clear timetable for when the browser will receive extensions, but Edge will receive a number of upgrades and new features through the Windows Store so the browser can only get better in time
So, for now, the extensions support in edge still missing.
willemb

Post by willemb »

You don't have to use Dredge. Even Microsoft admits it is work in progress. Internet Exploder is still available and can be set as default browser. You can even replace Bing as the search provider for searches from the address bar. But apart from that Windows 10 doesn't leave a single opportunity unused to send you to Bing. Check the registry. It is soaked with Bing.

In my case the Adblock Plus add-on appeared to be disabled (by coincidence?) after upgrade from W7 to W10 but I could simply enable it.
FHankFreeman

Post by FHankFreeman »

Looking forward to you product on Windows Edge, happy you are working on it. I will be glad to participate in the beta for same.. Just let me know..

FHanFreeman
d1abigail

Post by d1abigail »

:D Looking forward to it too. Posting here with hope of staying informed as things progress. :D
4od

Post by 4od »

Microsoft look set to release extention support for Microsoft Edge in October, this is when we can look forward to a release for Microsoft Edge, until them, why is the IE version still SO basic?
lewisje

Post by lewisje »

4od wrote:Microsoft look set to release extention support for Microsoft Edge in October, this is when we can look forward to a release for Microsoft Edge, until them, why is the IE version still SO basic?
The IE version was developed almost from the ground up, because it turns out to be really difficult to make an ad-blocking BHO for IE (it's a binary component, unlike the packaged JS modules in most other ABP versions, and the browser doesn't have much of the API support that ABP normally relies on); the Edge version will likely be based on the Chrome version, because its extension system is expected to be similar to Chrome's.
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.
JUDITHLYNN37

Post by JUDITHLYNN37 »

How soon before Ad Block is available for Windows 10?
mapx

Post by mapx »

read the topic:
the extensions support in edge still missing
mapx

Post by mapx »

moved the posts about ABP disabled after upgrading to windows 10:
forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=40238
Akzea

Post by Akzea »

I find good the browser Egde but it is needed urgent to give support to the extensions. If they want that Egde is successful they cannot hope the users leave to other browsers well for its, if they will wait to next years it is guaranteed that a great quantity of users looks for google or safari and to recover users will be quite difficult
marclints

Post by marclints »

PLS keep me inform of this so awaited release!!!
kind regards