Microsoft Edge Back Button Not Working Intermittently

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Microsoft Edge
Misim

Microsoft Edge Back Button Not Working Intermittently

Post by Misim »

When using the AdBlockPlus Extension with Microsoft Edge, the back button in Edge intermittently doesn't work. As an example, on deviantart[.]com/browse/all/ if you click an image, then click the back button, the back button greys out where it can't go back any more and the page doesn't go back. You have to click page forward, then the back button again to go back a page.

Often this causes Edge to hang where the browser will freeze, the mouse cursor will change to the round spinning egg timer cursor, CPU will shoot up to and remain at 30-40% and eventually an error message is displayed saying that the Web Page "is not responding" and gives the option to "Recover web page". When this happens, the below is stored in Reliability Monitor:

The program MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe version 11.0.14393.51 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
Process ID: 618
Start Time: 01d1f2fcb2fda3c7
Termination Time: 26
Application Path: C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe
Report Id:
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_38.14393.0.0_neutral__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: MicrosoftEdge

Sometimes I don't even get that far, where not only does the back button not work, but just clicking an image can cause Edge to crash.

If I disable the AdBlockPlus extension these issues do not occur. In addition, if I disable the AdBlockPlus extension and install the AdBlock extension, these issues also do not occur. When using the AdBlock extension, I used the exact same lists I was using in AdBlockPlus. I.E. I used the 1.92MB AdBlockPlus EasyList list, rather than AdBlock's 2.38MB EasyList "Lite" list.

So, as AdBlock works fine with exactly the same blocking list as AdBlockPlus, I can only conclude that this issue it due to a bug in the AdBlockPlus extension itself. I also noticed that the Right-Click > Block Element doesn't seem to be finished in AdBlockPlus either, so maybe AdBlockPlus was released a bit too early in order to meet the Anniversary Update launch date?

Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (1607, Build 14393.51)
AdBlockPlus Extension Version: 0.9.6.0
mapx

Re: Microsoft Edge Back Button Not Working Intermittently

Post by mapx »

report on the bug tracker
https://issues.adblockplus.org
Misim

Post by Misim »

mapx wrote:report on the bug tracker
https://issues.adblockplus.org
Can't.

Login on that page goes to some 'Trac' page where I get "Error: Invalid username or password".
mapx

Post by mapx »

You have to register to post on the bug tracker.
Misim

Post by Misim »

mapx wrote:You have to register to post on the bug tracker.
No thanks.