Adblock can't save "Filter Subscriptions"

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Microsoft Edge
freak.vulgar

Adblock can't save "Filter Subscriptions"

Post by freak.vulgar »

Adblock can't save "Filter Subscriptions" when in "Settings->Clear browsing data->Choose what to clear" enabled switch "Always clear this when I close the browser" and it happens if the checkbox of "Cookies and saved website data" is turned on! so, I think, the problem is Adblock is storing file in the cookies or somewhere in checkbox scope...I tried turn off save history and cookies in firefox and I have saved all filter subscription after restarting browser!
Only one subscription of EasyList is always kept in Microsoft Edge...all the another subscriptions are disappeared after browser restart...So, the problem is to have all subscriptions and have autoclear after closing browser!
mapx

Re: Adblock can't save "Filter Subscriptions"

Post by mapx »

reported here (bug tracker)
https://issues.adblockplus.org/ticket/4570

if you have more details just add a comment there (you have to register on the bug tracker)
freak.vulgar

Post by freak.vulgar »

thank you for the prompt reply.
just checked it again, in my case, Adblock can't keep the "Filter Subscriptions" if the checkbox "Cookies and saved website data" is checked.
I checked all the checkboxes excluding "cookies", and after the "close/open" operation, all subscriptions were on their place (remained).
so, maybe the problem is on the "Cookies and..." checkbox side.

Windows 10 Anniversary Update Version 1607 build 14393.351
Microsoft Edge 38.14393.0.0
Microsoft EdgeHTML 14.14393
freak.vulgar

Post by freak.vulgar »

additional: it happens only when you clear your browser data with checkbox "Cookies.." is checked
in my case, I use the "Always clear this when I close the browser" switch. If you don't clear data manually or don't use "clear when close the browser" the subscription will be remained. please add this behavior to https://issues.adblockplus.org/ticket/4570
mapx

Post by mapx »

it would be better that you report directly on the bug tracker (just register your user on bug tracker and add a comment on the above issue)
freak.vulgar

Post by freak.vulgar »

understood, already done
Mimoru

Post by Mimoru »

No solutions yet?
SarbjitGrewal

Post by SarbjitGrewal »

Is there any solutions for saving filters in Adblock?