Firstrun page every time Edge browser starts

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Microsoft Edge
Sonnetsdad

Firstrun page every time Edge browser starts

Post by Sonnetsdad »

Just completed the April Windows 10 update and now every time I launch Edge I get the following tab:
URL ms-browser-extension://10_EyeGmbHAdblockPlus_d55gg7py3s0m0/firstRun.html
"an issue caused all filters to be removed and we were unable to restore a backup. therefore we had to reset your filters and acceptable ads settings. Please check your filter lists and acceptable ads settings in settings (link)."
I followed the link to settings, nothing there i want to change, no save button so I guess I'm done. Close and restart the browser, same tab opens.
Uninstalled and reinstalled ABP, no change.Every time i start the browser, this tab opens.
My spouse's account on the same laptop, ABP works as expected.
Any ideas?
DCT

Re: Firstrun page every time Edge browser starts

Post by DCT »

I have the same issue. Now I have AdBlock reset popping up, and the Microsoft Edge phone/device app invite popping up everytime I get on.

It's these popups that are so annoying and time consuming! And now these "convenient upgrades" need a block! Aargh!
gene long

Post by gene long »

Same with me!!!! " Message" It seems that an issue caused all filters to be removed and we were unable to restore a backup. Therefore we had to reset your filters and Acceptable Ads settings. Please check your filter lists and Acceptable Ads settings in the Adblock Plus options.
aeal55@care4free.net

Post by aeal55@care4free.net »

I get the same problem, as I suspect most other users are. Ironic that an ad-blocker allows its own ad to be displayed.

Post by Guest »

I have the same issue, My computer Configuration is Windows 10 64-bit, AdBlock Plus version 0.9.11, Microsoft Edge 42.17134.1.0, Other extensions installed in my browser are Dashlane and SavvyConnect, And as far as adblock filters go I just use the defaults, And for me all I have to do is start my browser even if I click an email link or load my browser's Start page, I also have my entire browser history deleted when I close it. AdBlock had worked just fine on May, 31st, 2018, this is a brand new development.
adblockfanonedge

Post by adblockfanonedge »

How to get rid of the tab
ms-browser-extension://10_EyeoGmbHAdblockPlus_d55gg7py3s0m0/firstRun.html
at each start of the brownser ?
JSB

Post by JSB »

I have the same exact problem.
I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling...no help.
I have tried changing the settings in Edge browser...still popping up.
I have tried changing the settings on ABP---nothing there.
I have tried emailing support...no response.

Isn't it ironic that we're trying to remove annoying pop up ads and the ABP is now doing exactly what it's trying to prevent?

Can anyone help here?
SuffolkSteve

Post by SuffolkSteve »

Identical issue to Sonnetsdad. All my personal filter list items have vanished and I'm unable to add new ones as they won't save. URL ms-browser-extension://10_EyeGmbHAdblockPlus_d55gg7py3s0m0/firstRun.html popping up every time is even more annoying than unwanted advertising!
DGS78

Post by DGS78 »

Same issues, as above mentioned, when using Adblockplus with Edge.
In a french environment the warning message is :

ms-browser-extension://10_EyeoGmbHAdblockPlus_d55gg7py3s0m0/firstRun.html
Il semblerait qu'à cause d'un problème, tous les filtres aient été supprimés et que nous n'ayons été en mesure de rétablir une sauvegarde. C'est pourquoi nous avons été contraints de réinitialiser vos filtres et les paramètres des publicités acceptables. Veuillez vérifier vos listes de filtres et les paramètres de publicités acceptables dans les options d'Adblock Plus.

This problem seems specific to Edge browser. No problem when using Chrome.
Any ideas ?
big ben

Post by big ben »

Is there any solution to this? I am experiencing it on Microsoft Explorer (but not Mozilla). I am going to need to uninstall it if I can't stop this. It is very annoying to need to close the tab every time I start Microsoft Explorer.
buzzbm

Post by buzzbm »

SAME EXACT THING HAPPENING TO ME ON LAPTOP. EVERY TIME I START EDGE THE SAME EXACT MESSAGE POPS UP IN A NEW TAB STATING (1) "ABLOCK PLUS HAS BEEN INSTALLED", AND BELOW THAT (2) "t seems that an issue caused all filters to be removed and we were unable to restore a backup. Therefore we had to reset your filters and Acceptable Ads settings. Please check your filter lists and Acceptable Ads settings in the Adblock Plus options.". **SOMEONE PLEASE HELP.
ksmith72032

Post by ksmith72032 »

Same thing happens. Asks to check your filters. Where is the filter? I hate
every time I open my laptop, Adblock is the first thing.

Please tell us how to stop this annoying problem!
Gene

Post by Gene »

Again same issue as above using Edge error message is …. " It seems that an issue caused all filters to be removed and we were unable to restore a backup. Therefore we had to reset your filters and Acceptable Ads settings. Please check your filter lists and Acceptable Ads settings in the Adblock Plus options." …. disable reinstall, delete reinstall, different settings etc. No change always comes up as first page when opening Edge win 10 with latest updates.
MikeF

Post by MikeF »

Same issue when first opening Edge. Also when trying to reset Options, does not allow boxes to be checked.
Oleksandr Paraska

Post by Oleksandr Paraska »

We are unable to reproduce this, but we are aware about issues on Windows 10 Insider Builds. Does this happen on regular Windows 10 April Update?