I've having the same trouble in Edge; see Microsoft posting here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/edg ... d75ab9bd0e
Microsoft Edge 41.16299.402.0
Windows 10 Pro
All relevant configuration details, e.g. filter lists used, your own filters, unusual browser configuration, other extensions, etc.
I haven't created my own filter lists. But I do have other extensions: Honey, Ebates, JSON Formatter and a local extension I created
1) Create or save an HTML file locally.
2) With the Adblock Plus extension running, attempt to open the file in Edge
3) Note that the HTML file doesn't open. Instead you'll see this on the tab: "ms-appx-web://microsoft.microsoftedge/assests/errorpages/dnserror.html?ErrorStatus=0x800C0011"
4) Disable/Turn off Adblock Plus extension
5) Refresh the "local HTML file" tab
6) Note that it now displays properly
I'm not sure what's causing this problem. I looked at the Adblock Plus settings, but couldn't figure out what to do, since this is a local file. I'm not sure how I'd "whitelist" it, but I shouldn't have to do so. Things were working fine on Friday, 6/1, and local HTML files opened without a problem. Perhaps something changed since then?