New installer

Various discussions related to Adblock Plus development
rdcardex

New installer

Post by rdcardex »

Hi guys: :D
First of all, thankyou for this development, it´s functionality get this into a safety layer to avoid Ads, and even malware.
I got a suggestion for you, an installer to do this: :roll:

- Detect all browsers installed an download and installs they correspondent browser plugins in a silent manner.
- Set global default settings for current and all possible users into the machine to avoid each new user to be configured. (Windows)
- Also the possibility to get an MSI, to deploy it via GPO on windows environments.

:mrgreen:

Kind regards.
lewisje

Re: New installer

Post by lewisje »

Stable builds of Chrome for Windows cannot load extensions unless they were installed via the Chrome Web Store, and Firefox, upon finding an extension installed by an external program, displays a dialog asking whether the user consents to the installation; this means that it is not possible to install the extensions silently.

EDIT As of yesterday, this restriction on extensions outside the Web Store extends up to the Dev builds, and to both Windows and OS X: http://arstechnica.com/information-tech ... nnel-os-x/

As for the IE extension, I thought MSIs were available already, but I can't find them now.
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.