[Done] Site-specific filters

Various discussions related to Adblock Plus development
rick752

Post by rick752 »

Probably as soon as the next release of Adblock Plus comes out. If I interpret Wladimir correctly, ABP 1.0.1 will be released in early January .... but he's been known to change his mind :D
Wladimir Palant

Post by Wladimir Palant »

The current development build is almost a release candidate already. The release date is mostly dependent on how fast translations will be available - and I don't expect them to be done this year. Right now 18 locales are more or less done but the rest of them will likely take quite a bit longer. Adblock Plus 1.0.1 should be released with 43 locales.

Oh, and if somebody knows translators for Croatian, Estonian, Lithuanian, Mongolian, Norwegian (Bokmål), Persian, Brazilian Portuguese - please point them to http://www.babelzilla.org/. Those Adblock Plus translations used to be complete but still haven't been updated for Adblock Plus 1.0.
Wladimir Palant

Post by Wladimir Palant »

Wladimir Palant wrote:I still need to add some help text to filter composer to explain the format. I also want a context menu entry "Disable/re-enable filter on foo.com" in blockable items (for user-defined filters only) but that will take somewhat longer - won't be in the next development build.
The help in the filter composer has been added a while ago. As to the context menu entry to add domain options to existing filters - that needs more consideration, won't get into Adblock Plus 1.0.1.
asdf

Post by asdf »

Holy crap.

Wladamir, I have to applaud you. Sincerely.

This improvement in ABP 1.0.1 has brought us ridiculously close to a whitelist-based entire internet.

Now the super-paranoid of us (or those with real slow dial-ups) can just use a filter "*" and a series of specific whitelist filters to load what we want, instead of a huge list of blocking filters. Of since FF3 and ABP have become so efficient, still have a big blocking list anyways.