iOS 9 will allow Adblock software !!!

Various discussions related to Adblock Plus development
DaffyDuck

iOS 9 will allow Adblock software !!!

Post by DaffyDuck »

Read this here:

http://9to5mac.com/2015/06/10/block-ads ... ri-iphone/

This apparently supports that iOS will include a new API for MobileSafari that allows Adblock extensions.

PleasePleasePleasePlease support this !!!!
DaffyDuck

Re: iOS 9 will allow Adblock software !!!

Post by DaffyDuck »

Great news - I feel that Apple's new API gives a tremendous opportunity to ABP, as well as ABP having an opportunity to influence this ABP positively. Here's what I commented on that blog post:

(Note: the blog comments ideally should use the forum login info, to prevent having to provide the same information again)

iOS 9 is in beta. You're a developer. Particularly the developer of the #1 ad blocking tool. As such, work with Apple on improving whatever API mechanism they currently have in place.

ABP would and should dominate iOS 9 ad blocking when iOS 9 releases - particularly if there were a means to use iCloud to share configurations between devices.
mapx

Post by mapx »

Recently the ABP team released the adblock browser for android.
They also said will be developed an IOS version ==> blog/adblock-browser-is-here#c005675
DaffyDuck

Post by DaffyDuck »

Yeah, but doing a stand-alone browser invariably ends up as a half-baked solution, more so on iOS than elsewhere - it's never as feature complete as Safari, and it can't be set to be automatically launched by the OS.

I feel the route of pursuing a way to use a plugin or extension is far superior, if it can be done - which, since Apple provides the path, I don't see why not.