Find out what sites were/have been blocked?

Various discussions related to Adblock Plus development
jthill

Find out what sites were/have been blocked?

Post by jthill »

Sorry if this is a repeat, couldn't find words uncommon enough to use in the search box.

I think being able to see where a site's sourcing its ads might be a good thing to know, and having a spotcheck on what's being blocked sounds comforting -- and if it sounds comforting, then something's uncomfortable. . .

Anyway, even if it turns out the information's useless, this'd help being able to discover that for yourself.
mapx

Re: Find out what sites were/have been blocked?

Post by mapx »

You can see the source of ads, the blocked / hidden requests in firefox + ABP
click ABP icon, open blockable items list ==> in the list you'll see in red what was blocked / hidden, you can add to the view other info (click on the right side gear to select other fields)
jthill

Post by jthill »

Okay. Chrome, not so much, I expect there's a reason for that but waaahhhhh.

I understand that sometimes there's decisions with good reason to stay silent, but if it's just that I missed it could you point me to some discussion of why default-off isn't available? What I really want is the malware and privacy lists everywhere, you know, none,low,medium,high,total list selections.
lewisje

Post by lewisje »

"default-off" is what ABP was originally like (i.e., no subscriptions by default), and then people kept complaining that ABP wasn't blocking anything

Also I know that u lock and AdBlock do log blocked and hidden content, and I guess it just wasn't a high enough priority for ABP to stick its own hasty implementation into ABP for Chrome (instead, I believe their goal is to reproduce the logger from Firefox, which works much better than the loggers in other adblockers).
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.