[Suggestion] Silent mode

Various discussions related to Adblock Plus development

[Suggestion] Silent mode

Postby debenitro » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:53 pm

Im suprised that noone has suggested this: Is it posible to load ads but make them silent? I mean no noise. I want to support the websites i use, but the music, noises or automatic videos in the ads ruin the experiencie when opening new links and i cant depend on clicking each time a new tab or window opens, so giving an option to making this by feault would be awesome. Thank you for your time.
debenitro

Re: [Suggestion] Silent mode

Postby lewisje » Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:23 am

debenitro wrote:Im suprised that noone has suggested this
Something like this has been suggested, several times, even before I registered here, and it's considered view-fraud for an extension to make the advertisers think their ads were loaded and viewed/listened-to when they weren't; more importantly, if such a feature were made the default (instead of, say, some new syntax for this pseudo-whitelisting), it would open users up to the same malvertising threat they would have had if they didn't block ads, and the same bandwidth hogging too (the threat of malvertising is precisely why I started blocking ads).
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.
lewisje

Return to Adblock Plus development