New Suggestion: Integrate Anti-Adblock Killer into ABP

Various discussions related to Adblock Plus development
iamunknown2

New Suggestion: Integrate Anti-Adblock Killer into ABP

Post by iamunknown2 »

On GreasyFork (a place for userscripts), there is a userscript by Reek known as the Anti-Adblock killer.

Is there any chance for people to integrate this into Adblock Plus? Userscripts, in my opinion, are less accessible than Adblock Plus.

The userscript above will actually kill off the scripts that tell you to disable it. The notifications can't be blocked by Adblock Plus - the scripts behind the notifications actually replace the entire body with the notification. Thus, if you block the notification with Adblock Plus, you will be left with a blank, white screen.

TL;DR: Please integrate script that kills off scripts unblockable by ABP into ABP so that ABP will block those.
Last edited by mapx on Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: There is currently an active court injunction against us, we have to remove filters or links to filters that circumvent the bild.de ad blocker detection.
lewisje

Re: New Suggestion: Integrate Anti-Adblock Killer into ABP

Post by lewisje »

It would be interesting to load that script directly (rather than relying on GreaseMonkey, TamperMonkey, or the like), or a more powerful script that takes advantage of the browser APIs to do things that ordinary code cannot; any way to do this must be able to update the script independently of the extension itself, but that court injunction mentioned by mapx probably means it won't be integrated into ABP any time soon.
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.
blade

Re: New Suggestion: Integrate Anti-Adblock Killer into ABP

Post by blade »

If they extended the power of ABP to allow for script filtering and replacement functions, they wouldn't have to violate any orders of not revealing site specific tricks.
The users and the suppliers of the lists would be responsible for working around specific anti-blocking-scripts.