Please add a feature

Various discussions related to Adblock Plus development
Nikita_Gr

Please add a feature

Post by Nikita_Gr »

Could you add an icon next to the link to the website, if you know that this site is resisting ads blocking. Like Web Of Trust do with untrusted sites. //sorry for my eng.
lewisje

Re: Please add a feature

Post by lewisje »

That sounds like a job for another extension, because I'm not sure how ABP would be able to determine reliably whether a particular site is using anti-adblock methods; I mean it can apply the rules that are fed into it, but ABP lacks the ability to tell whether those rules are anti-adblock related, or whether any particular thing happening on a site is an attempt to thwart ad-blockers.

It might be possible to look through any particular domains targeted by either the Adblock Warning Removal List or the Anti-Adblock Killer by Reek, but that won't match the many sites that use turnkey solutions that we counteract generically, rather than specifically per-domain.

Still, your comparison to WOT is apt, and this new extension could be basically "WOT for anti-adblocking"
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.