New idea that will help loads

Various discussions related to Adblock Plus development
AcePK

New idea that will help loads

Post by AcePK »

As you will notice many sites are forcing you to simply disable the ad blocker in order to view content. By adding a script to the page it's easy to tell when an advert does not load and then prevent content from loading. So my solution involves letting them force you load the advert but simply having ad block make sure 1. the advert is covered up with an ad block has blocked this ad picture 2. the advert sound if any is muted 3. covered in such a way you can't click on/action the ad accidentally. Then as far as the websites are concerned the ads are loading, being displayed and are not being tampered with but simply covered up in a final layering that they do not control.
Thoughts?
lewisje

Re: New idea that will help loads

Post by lewisje »

Letting content load only to hide it later is known as view-fraud, and advertisers will penalize sites for it; also, it disables the main reason most people should seriously consider an ad-blocker: Removing a vector for malware transmission.
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.