Connectivity, Stability & Use Interface Improvements

Various discussions related to Adblock Plus development
adblockk

Connectivity, Stability & Use Interface Improvements

Post by adblockk »

So far, millions of users are using AdBlock Plus, the open-sourced and free adblock, trustworthy software. But, honestly, the development is very very slow. The design is as old as... KitKat's? Maybe... And, it seems like users out of U.S. have slow connectivity and bad network stability, right? I am in Malaysia, and a Chinese, when using AdBlock, I suffered a x20 slower connection when using AdBlock Plus, seriously? Why it's so slow? I SUGGEST MAYBE JUST ADD A VPN OPTION INSTEAD OF THE PROXY OR PORT OR WHATEVER MESSY. MAYBE VPN WILL WORK FAR NOW BETTER AND CONNECTIVITY WILL BE BETTER. :D
lewisje

Re: Connectivity, Stability & Use Interface Improvements

Post by lewisje »

I'm not sure what platform you're using ABP on, but your complaint sounds most like ABP for Android, which never worked well where it did work, and which doesn't appear to work on Android 6+, and for which development has greatly slowed.

It's probably impossible to make a FakeVPN-based app that works with ABP-style lists well, so instead you should just consider a different FakeVPN-based app, possibly in addition to the Adblock Browser for Android, or Firefox for Android with the ABP browser extension.
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.
adblockk

Re: Connectivity, Stability & Use Interface Improvements

Post by adblockk »

Yeah. It doesn't work on Android Marshmallow! This is a massively huge problem! the connection to the traffic is super-super slow like what the hell?! I REALLY hope AdBlock Plus Team can invest more time into developing AdBlock Plus for Android...