Suggestion for a "Google Chrome-based Adblock Browser"

Various discussions related to Adblock Plus development
h1972803

Suggestion for a "Google Chrome-based Adblock Browser"

Post by h1972803 »

Hello Everybody,

I am an Adblock Browser(an Adblock-integrated browser developed for Android device) user.Here's a problem:I found it not very good for ADblock integrated with Firefox.

First, everyime I use Adblock Browser to watch YouTube live stream,there's an error message: "Live event playback is not supported on this client." So, I am unable to use Adblock Browser to watch YouTube's live stream on mobile version in order to avoid annoying ads.

Second, in the newest version of Google Chrome, "background play (You may keep website's music player or video streaming playing with sound but you may turn your screen off or do other things with browser opened in background. )" is enabled, so I can open YouTube's live on Chrome and close my screen with sound only (This is especially useful when I am driving car). So, I suggest that development team should consider this suggestion and develope a new version, "Google Chrome-based Adblock Browser", so that it would be much better for chrome-preferred user to be more willing to use the Adblock Browser.

Thanks,

William L. Hamilton
lewisje

Re: Suggestion for a "Google Chrome-based Adblock Browser"

Post by lewisje »

I believe that the problem is that Chromium for Android does not support extensions, while Firefox for Android (which the current adblockplus browser is based on) does; to make a Chrome-based Adblock Browser for Android, you'd need to somehow add in those APIs provided by the Chrome extension system that ABP relies on.
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.