[Done] New Adblock Plus icons

Various discussions related to Adblock Plus development
Wladimir Palant

Post by Wladimir Palant »

@Darken: There is lots of things to be done that have priority. It will be in Adblock Plus 0.7.1 however, for sure.
Darken

Post by Darken »

@ Wladimir Palant : Excellent, thanx for the reply! :D
efdur

Post by efdur »

Wladimir Palant wrote:@efdur: Thanks, that's what I meant. I'll try to resize it "manually", hopefully it comes out better then.

Edit: Yes, I see the problem now. The lines in your original image are not exactly diagonal, they are always off by a few pixel. This causes a mess when resizing.
@wladimir;bonjour peu tu me dire si celui si te conviens,j'ai refait les diagonals?

http://abmc.queven.chez-alice.fr/offabpg%E9o.png

C'est l'icone en taille réel 5000x5000px
Wladimir Palant

@efdur: I'm more guessing what you said :)

Anyway, thanks for the new image. I didn't have time yet to do something with the icons, I'll try soon.
pirlouy

Post by pirlouy »

efdur wrote:@wladimir;bonjour peu tu me dire si celui si te conviens,j'ai refait les diagonals?
http://abmc.queven.chez-alice.fr/offabpg%E9o.png
C'est l'icone en taille réel 5000x5000px
@Wladimir: Hello, can you say if this new one suit you ? I rework the diagonals.
This is the real size (5000*5000).

@efdur: je suppose que t'as compris. :P il essayera plus tard de voir si il peut arranger ça. :-)
Wladimir Palant

@pirlouy: No, the hexagon is still not exact enough - the lines are off by a few pixel, this becomes very visible when scaling. I'll try to fix this later.
jojaba

Post by jojaba »

Wladimir Palant wrote:@pirlouy: No, the hexagon is still not exact enough - the lines are off by a few pixel, this becomes very visible when scaling. I'll try to fix this later.
Traduction :
Non, l'hexagone n'est toujours pas suffisamment exact - les lignes sont hors gabarit de quelques pixels, cela devient très visible lorsque l'on grossit (effet loupe) l'icône. Je règlerai cela plus tard.
:wink:
efdur

Post by efdur »

@wladimir;bonjour j'ai centré l'image du mieux que je puisse faire !
j'espère que cela conviendras.

http://abmc.queven.chez-alice.fr/offabpgéo2.png
pirlouy

Post by pirlouy »

efdur wrote:@wladimir;bonjour j'ai centré l'image du mieux que je puisse faire !
j'espère que cela conviendras.

http://abmc.queven.chez-alice.fr/offabpg%E9o2.png
Wladimir, I've tried to center the image the best I can do !
Hope it will suit you...
Wladimir Palant

Sorry about neglecting this topic. I finally took some time to work on this and created a set of icons that are based on efdur's but should scale somewhat better. Here is how they look like:

If you prefer to see the "real thing", you can use this style to make Adblock Plus use these icons. Comments?
NJH

Post by NJH »

I have tried the new icons on my PC, but I find the ABP writing very blurred using Small Icons on a 19" LCD @ 1280 * 1024
Wladimir Palant

Yes, I tried several fonts but none of them scales really well on 16x16. I don't think it is possible to get three letters into such a small space and not make them appear blurry.
XerBlade

Post by XerBlade »

You know, you don't necessarily have to have the actual text in 16x16 mode. It's not like there's a rule that states small mode icons have to be duplicates only resized of the large mode ones.
[There needs to be something there, though, obviously]
Wladimir Palant

@XerBlade: They aren't. They are actually missing the white ring already. But unless you have a good suggestion about what should replace the text there...
Wladimir Palant

I tried a few tricks with the fonts and I think it is better now:

The "real thing" is on userstyles.org again.