UI question/feedback - FF Dev

Various discussions related to Adblock Plus development
q1741171

UI question/feedback - FF Dev

Post by q1741171 »

Hello,
I tried the developer build (13.10.2017)(Firefox 56) and noticed an UI change in the extension bar drop-down menu (what I see when I click the icon).
https://imgur.com/a/1Raab
New/old.

I assume the aim is to simplify access to "Enabled on this site", but I feel that the menu is way too much simplified, with only one relevant option.
I would suggest adding at least "Disable everywhere" and possibly 1-2 other relevant options to satisfy most users, and then somewhere in Options make it possible to change the menu to detailed view, that would provide quick access to tools for people who want finer control.

Thank you for your work!
greiner
ABP Developer

Re: UI question/feedback - FF Dev

Post by greiner »

Thanks for the feedback. What you see there is the version we've been using on various other platforms such as Chrome, Opera, Safari, Edge and which we've now had to reuse for being able to make the deadline that Mozilla enforces to migrate to Web Extensions. After that deadline, later this year, Firefox will drop support for legacy extensions.

That means that some of the features that you might be used to from Adblock Plus for Firefox won't be able to make it in time for the initial release of the Web Extension build. However, we're planning to migrate them again one by one after the release - including more options to toggle ad blocking off/on.
hiccups

Post by hiccups »

Feedback from me:

In the old days I often used the option "open blockable items" (before I switched from Firefox to Chrome). That is VERY important to me. Without this option I have no way to create my own filters, no way to see what exactly is blocked and what is whitelisted.
I like to customize my adblock a lot. Without that option there is no way for people to create custom lists.

Maybe I didn't see something here, but for me, that was the way I used Adblock to create my custom filters. Would be nice if you could implement that again. :)
mapx

Post by mapx »

In ABP for chrome see how-to see the blocked requests / create your own filters:
forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=43791

The same engine will be used by ABP in firefox when FF 57 will become stable (but already in beta ABP for FF)