Install package - *closed*

Various discussions related to Adblock Plus development
vfcc

Install package - *closed*

Post by vfcc »

Hello

I want suggest to make adblockplus installable package.

In society environnement, we could have 2 accounts. One with no admin rights in the computer but acces to internet, and another with admin rights, but no acces to internet.
In this case, none of this account can install adblockplus.

Habitually others software developpers propose an install package who can be downloaded.

Maybe i dont find it, in this case, make it more easy to find.
Last edited by vfcc on Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
lewisje

Re: Install package

Post by lewisje »

If you're talking about ABP for Internet Explorer, that is already an installable package; if you meant the obsolete ABP for Android, or the non-obsolete Adblock Browser for Android, or ABP for Edge, they can be sideloaded if you change the appropriate restrictions on your device.

If you meant the Adblock Browser for iOS, or the ABP app for iOS, you'll need a combination of a jailbreak and a way to download the IPA files.

If you meant ABP for Firefox, you can download the XPI and then install it; I'm not sure about ABP for Safari, but I know at one point you could download the .safariextz file and install it.

If you meant ABP for Chrome, Opera, or another Chromium-based browser, it's a bit trickier: There are ways to get the CRX or NEX file from the Chrome Web Store or the Opera extensions site, and then unpack them and load them in Developer mode; it's easier to just do this with the developer builds instead, but either way, they won't auto-update. I don't know a way to make an extension be installed by means of an external installer, without Chrome regarding the extension as suspicious at best.

You can also use Group Policy templates to force-install certain extensions, by their extension IDs, and there are ways to disseminate Group Policy or Active Directory settings on a domain-controlled network.
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.
vfcc

Re: Install package

Post by vfcc »

Thank

It was for Chrome and i found the solution.

The administrator block the ability to install every addon by adding a key in the registry
I log as local administrator then remove this key
then log as user and install the abp add on.

I remove this
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Google\Chrome\ExtensionInstallBlacklist]
"1"="*"

and change this

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Google\Update]
"UpdateDefault"=dword:00000000

TO ->

"UpdateDefault"=dword:00000001