[Done] Allow inclusion of a default patterns.ini

Various discussions related to Adblock Plus development
bradedmondson

[Done] Allow inclusion of a default patterns.ini

Post by bradedmondson »

I'd like to suggest that abp allow the inclusion of a default patterns.ini (which I believe can include both strict patterns and subscription URLs), which will be installed in a user's profile if they don't already have a patterns.ini. This will allow abp to to repackaged with an initial subscription appropriate for deploying to large numbers of users (e.g. Easylist, Easyprivacy, etc.). Currently, it's possible to specify a centrally managed patterns.ini, but write access to it must be controlled and individual users are not able to save changes (new filters, subscription updates, etc.). A default patterns.ini would allow deployment that automatically adds a subscription at first-run, but still allows users full control over their subscriptions and filters from that point forward.
Wladimir Palant

Re: [Roadmap] Allow inclusion of a default patterns.ini

Post by Wladimir Palant »

Forgot to mention, this is already implemented in the current development builds - these also include a minimal patterns.ini in the defaults subdirectory.
fanboy

Re: [Done] Allow inclusion of a default patterns.ini

Post by fanboy »

what filters are listed in this minimal list?
Wladimir Palant

None whatsoever, nothing changed for users here. It only lists the default groups.
fanboy

Post by fanboy »

Ah, right
bradedmondson

Re: [Roadmap] Allow inclusion of a default patterns.ini

Post by bradedmondson »

Wladimir Palant wrote:Forgot to mention, this is already implemented in the current development builds - these also include a minimal patterns.ini in the defaults subdirectory.
Thanks Wladimir, that makes a lot of sense.

Is the inclusion of a default patterns.ini implemented in 1.2.2? I don't see it in the detailed changelogs for 1.2.2/1.2.1/1.2 (I last packaged adblock at 1.1.3).

Many thanks for all the work you do.

Best,
Brad
Wladimir Palant

No, it is implemented in Adblock Plus 1.3a (en/development-builds) - will be released with Adblock Plus 1.3.