Blocking adblock

Various discussions related to Adblock Plus development
sjaffe

Blocking adblock

Post by sjaffe »

Lately, I've been finding a number of sites that detect that an adblocker is being used and put up a screen requesting that I turn off adblocking. A few of these sites instead use something like metabomb that not only detects adblock, but *demands* that you turn it off before viewing the site. Aside from letting my fingers do the walking and go to another site, is there any way to bypass this? Is there anything coming in development that gets past these checks and let's blocking of ads prevail?

I really hate the ads on general principle but some of the people doing these sites don't know what they are doing, and the site is coded so that ad after ad after ad appears eventually killing the machine by eating up memory or other resources. There are sites I use regularly where I'm blocking about 100 ads (or more) per minute on the site. The content of these sites have enough value that I'd rather block the ads than go somewhere else but these same sites demand that adblock be turned off to visit the site.
mapx

Re: Blocking adblock

Post by mapx »

no general solution, just report those pages at easylist forum:
http://forums.lanik.us/