all i want is a hot key to enable/disable adb in firefox 61

Various discussions related to Adblock Plus development
nickhere

all i want is a hot key to enable/disable adb in firefox 61

Post by nickhere »

I search for hotkey and it say look at fire fox about:config nothing for ad blocker shows up
leonette

Re: all i want is a hot key to enable/disable adb in firefox 61

Post by leonette »

Pressing the slash key opens the quick find bar. This interferes with some JavaScript-based apps I use, which intercept the slash as a command, and thus forces me to use Chrome for these apps, while I'm using Firefox for literally everything else.

Is there any way to disable this shortcut? None of the keyboard shortcut modification apps (like keyconfig and the like) include it, so extensions do not seem to be an option.

Also, please don't link to 5-year-old bugfixes which have already been implemented. I am not reporting a bug, I am trying to disable a feature. I understand that some people may like having the slash key activate Quick Find for ease of access purposes, but for me, it is cumbersome.
greiner
ABP Developer

Re: all i want is a hot key to enable/disable adb in firefox 61

Post by greiner »

nickhere wrote:I search for hotkey and it say look at fire fox about:config nothing for ad blocker shows up
Since Firefox switched to a different extension system, extensions can no longer access preferences that are set in about:config. That's why this method no longer works.

Regarding keyboard shorts, it has become a bit trickier to implement such a feature with the new system but we can try to look into it.
leonette wrote:Pressing the slash key opens the quick find bar. This interferes with some JavaScript-based apps I use, which intercept the slash as a command, and thus forces me to use Chrome for these apps, while I'm using Firefox for literally everything else.
This is not related to anything the extension does so there's nothing we can do. This functionality is provided by Firefox and there has already been a discussion about this on bug 942269.