[Roadmap] Use sender email as document domain in Thunderbird

Various discussions related to Adblock Plus development
Wladimir Palant

[Roadmap] Use sender email as document domain in Thunderbird

Post by Wladimir Palant »

This suggestion came up again in the Mozilla Russia forum - since emails don't have a real domain, use sender's email address at the document "domain". That would allow specific filters like "foo@example.com##body", "*@example.com##body" or "@@*$document,domain=*@example.com". Note that these aren't real wildcards - the only possibilities are a full email address or "*@domain", nothing else will be supported. Implementing this suggestion used to be unrealistic but now that Adblock Plus is already often checking the domain for element hiding rules itself rather than leaving this up to the browser (was necessary to implement domain exceptions) we can apply the same mechanism here.

Low priority but potentially nice to have.
Denisha

Re: [Roadmap] Use sender email as document domain in Thunderbird

Post by Denisha »

This would be really nice to have! :D
Guy

Re: [Roadmap] Use sender email as document domain in Thunderbird

Post by Guy »

I am not that knowledgeable on software issues and am interested in thunderbird e-mail mangement .Is there a way of blocking emails from different orgs.etc. from my email system ?
It would be nice to stop the spam emails and to prevent the emails from different orgs that you unsubscibed from as they keep coming back anyways.
Thank you for your help if any is available>I just downloaded the ad blocker and it is wonderful.Yes I sent the donation also.