- We ask users to make a decision but provide too little information to make that decision.
- The page is still too complicated for new users, in particular if "Add a different subscription" is clicked unintentionally (yes, it happens, I witnessed it first-hand a few days ago).
- Warning if the user tries to close the tab is annoying.
- Privacy protection doesn't get the attention it deserves.
- Still ugly in Firefox Mobile, numerous issues there.
Here is a suggestion what this page might look like instead:
- The subscription is added automatically, this page merely informs the user about it.
- The links on the filter lists (EasyList Germany and EasyPrivacy here) open subscription homepage.
- "Adblock Plus filter preferences" link opens the new preferences dialog where removing the selected subscription should hopefully be trivial (for the people who prefer their own filters).
- "Add privacy protection list" adds the list immediately, so the user can close the tab at any time.
- "Learn more about Adblock Plus" opens Getting started page.
- I'm not sure whether we should show this page in Firefox Mobile at all, given its limited configuration capabilities people are very unlikely to disagree with the automated choice that has been made.
- The privacy list will be "Fanboy's Tracking/Stats Blocking" for Fanboy's List of course. All the other recommended filter lists are currently EasyList supplements so EasyPrivacy will be suggested. If Dr.Evil's list gets back as a recommendation - well, we will have to hide this text for it.
Please comment on this design in general (issues? improvements?) as well as the texts used.