Safari

Various discussions related to Adblock Plus development
hieronymusdesign

Re: Safari

Post by hieronymusdesign »

I am also really looking forward to this one for safari. You guys are doing a great job. A happy christmas and a very good 2014 to you.
vampyren

Post by vampyren »

Hi,

One reason i'm still using firefox is this, adblock plus is just to great to give up so i really looking forward to this release, i will donate at least 10$ for this great add-on.
Firefox has sadly been a memory leaking beast and on my mac it keeps crashing once it has used up all my memory so i really want to switch to Safari.
Do you guys have an estimate even if not 100% accurate? like end of Januari ?
a_mccullough

Post by a_mccullough »

For those of you who say that Safari just isn't worth the effort of development because of its smaller market share, keep in mind that Opera boasts only half as many users as Safari does (according to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_shar ... mary_table), despite the fact that it's available for both Windows and OSX.
cbarrick

Post by cbarrick »

Just throwing out a +1 for a Safari alpha public release. I'll keep my eyes on this thread until I hear more :shock:

I recently switched from Chrome to Safari after getting a Macbook for performance/system integration reasons, and I miss ABP so much. I remember how hard the switch from Firefox to Chrome was before ABP. Fortunately, I didn't have to wait long, and it seems that I won't have to wait long during this browser switch either.

I would say that most of us here on the forums would be willing to test any release that we can get our hands on, including unstable and broken code.

You guys are the bomb and ABP is the best web feature on any browser. Thank you guys very much for the hard work, and I hoped you had a wonderful holiday season. :D
hieronymusdesign

Post by hieronymusdesign »

Your not the only one using and loving safari. The development tools are nice. No need to install a firebug or anything. It is already in the latest safari.
greiner
ABP Developer

Post by greiner »

FENOL wrote:Where will the public beta be available? I'm really keen on trying it out on my safari
We will announce it either on our Development Builds blog or our Releases blog.
mapx

Post by mapx »

Adblock Plus for Safari Beta released
releases/adblock-plus-for-safari-beta-released

en/safari
MonztA
ABP Developer

Post by MonztA »

This topic can be closed now I guess. Please use the respective sub-forum now: forum/viewforum.php?f=18