Safari

Various discussions related to Adblock Plus development
Toy

Re: Safari

Post by Toy »

Damn, youtube is driving me crazy. I don't mind them using ads now and then, but what they are doing is insanity...

Will you tell your facebook followers when we can start beta testing? Or will I have to follow you anywhere else?
greiner
ABP Developer

Post by greiner »

We usually announce stuff on our social media channels after we have a blog post that we can link to. So for this particular release we will either publish it on our releases blog or on our development builds blog.

For other topics (e.g. our roadmap) you can check out our main blog.
denizg

Post by denizg »

Thats right. Youtube ads are crazy. I hate using google chrome or any other web browser on my mac. So I can't wait to have adblock plus for safari. why so late for this? Please hurry up! :x
fanboy

Post by fanboy »

denizg wrote:Please hurry up! :x
Erm, jumping up and down won't make them work faster. Let them work through the issues.
greiner
ABP Developer

Post by greiner »

Due to the current Safari version's extension support being broken in some areas we're probably going to wait with the public release and in the meantime iron out some bugs that we still have on our list. However, if you don't mind those issues and if you're a hardcore Safari user you can send me a PM.
illusionmist

Post by illusionmist »

greiner wrote:Due to the current Safari version's extension support being broken in some areas we're probably going to wait with the public release and in the meantime iron out some bugs that we still have on our list. However, if you don't mind those issues and if you're a hardcore Safari user you can send me a PM.
By "public release" do you mean Safari 7.0.1? Or do you mean ABP for Safari is gonna skip public beta and do a public release directly?
greiner
ABP Developer

Post by greiner »

illusionmist wrote:By "public release" do you mean Safari 7.0.1? Or do you mean ABP for Safari is gonna skip public beta and do a public release directly?
As soon as Safari is stable again we're going to do a public beta release to expose it to a bigger audience before rolling it out to everyone.
ProFFeSSoR

Post by ProFFeSSoR »

Hello authors of my favorite Firefox extension. I was long time Firefox user (since 0.9 probably). But things changed and I came to OS X from Windows 2 years ago. So after some time using Firefox I switched to Safari. "AdBlock (not plus)" for Safari is very bad, it leaks, doesn't block many banners, and slows browser down. So I'm looking forward to any AdBlock Plus beta for Safari. I can help with anything you need, and can test AdBlock plus on two main OS X versions: Mountain Lion (Safari 6) and Mavericks (Safari 7).

Can't wait beta release :roll:
username223

Post by username223 »

Will there be a good xmas present for us mac users ?
When its ready in beta. I will donate money.
illusionmist

Post by illusionmist »

Safari 7.0.1 is already available. Time for beta?
dredzik

Post by dredzik »

I beg you for beta. Alpha even.
greiner
ABP Developer

Post by greiner »

Yes, the Safari releases (6.1.1 and 7.0.1) are out but (1) we need to wait until it propagated to the majority of users and (2) the holidays are coming up and we want to have some time after the release to address bugs and other issues.

Also check out my previous post on this thread.
Risco

Post by Risco »

greiner wrote:Yes, the Safari releases (6.1.1 and 7.0.1) are out but (1) we need to wait until it propagated to the majority of users and (2) the holidays are coming up and we want to have some time after the release to address bugs and other issues.

Also check out my previous post on this thread.
Really looking forward to this, oh and check your PM!
FENOL

Post by FENOL »

OMG, I can't wait for finally being able to watch youtube in peace without any disruptions! Where will the public beta be available? I'm really keen on trying it out on my safari
grunberd

Post by grunberd »

thanks for all the work you're doing to keep the internet out of the hands of big business