- Subscriptions should be able to specify their title using "! Title: Foo Bar" comment.
- Adblock Plus will set the title automatically whenever it sees a comment like this in a subscription.
- Once the title has been set automatically it can no longer be modified by the user.
- Subscriptions that don't have this comment (e.g. local files the user is "subscribed" to) can still be renamed by the user.
- Allow subscriptions to maintain a "brand identity".
- Make instructions like "Open Preferences, find Fanboy's List and click Update filters" simpler because the subscription name is a constant.
- Prevent user confusion in case of redirects. For example, we still have some RU AdList users who believe that they are using MORPEH's List (the latter was discontinued and redirected to RU AdList at some point).