Send to Firebug, or Use CodeMirror for highlighting?

The forum for all discussion related to JavaScript Deobfuscator extension. It might not be as busy as the other forums but don't hesitate to come in and ask your question.
son0fhobs

Send to Firebug, or Use CodeMirror for highlighting?

Post by son0fhobs »

I think the subject says it all. Code highlighting is extremely helpful, and copying and pasting into Notepad++ is a bit inconvenient. Printing straight to firebug is the ideal as it can integrate with the plethora of other firebug plugins. But code Mirror would also do the trick.

I'm not a fan of the ginormous text. I'll see if I can go in an modify that.

Oh, and is there an easy way to keep the window on top, defined from the plugin? If not, I'll get an autohotkey script to do the trick.

Thank you very much! Extremely helpful.
Wladimir Palant

Re: Send to Firebug, or Use CodeMirror for highlighting?

Post by Wladimir Palant »

Well, maybe the Orion editor can be used for code highlighting somehow. But it will certainly make adding scripts slower - which will be a problem on sites with lots of JavaScript code (and where we slow down script execution quite considerably already).
darkblue

Re: Send to Firebug, or Use CodeMirror for highlighting?

Post by darkblue »

The running code is currently displayed in JavaScript Deobfuscator using one font and one color (black).

The Firefox Devtools have been using CodeMirror in various places (Debugger, Scratchpad, etc) since Firefox 27 (Feb 2014).

My suggestion -if you agree- is to display the code using CodeMirror, in order to apply the CodeMirror syntax highlighting to the code.

It would further improve the readability and context of the displayed code
(especially in conjunction with the code beautification feature that has been added since v2.0).