copyright, license for AdBlockPlus.org filter specification?

Discussion on adblockplus.org website and translations
cornholington

copyright, license for AdBlockPlus.org filter specification?

Post by cornholington »

I'd like to implement my own parser for the AdBlock Plus filter specification, and I'd like to use these pages as a reference:

en/filters

Under what license is this reference provided?
cornholington

Re: copyright, license for AdBlockPlus.org filter specification?

Post by cornholington »

Thanks for taking the time to reply, but your pointers seem specific to redistribution of AdBlock Plus itself (or a tweaked version).

I'm not planning to use or distribute any of the code from AdBlock Plus, I'm only asking about the copyright and license for the website content of http://www.adblockplus.org.
mapx

Post by mapx »

well, it's also an issue on the bug tracker about licenses
https://issues.adblockplus.org/ticket/645

You could add your comments there or ... ask directly the devs in their IRC channel
blog/adblock-plus-development-irc-channel-is-now-open
cornholington

Post by cornholington »

Thanks for the great pointers!

I think IRC is probably overkill, though:
IRC: "If you have a question about Adblock Plus then forum/ should be a better place to ask. If you want to participate in Adblock Plus development - welcome!"
Wladimir Palant

Post by Wladimir Palant »

We didn't agree on a license for website content yet, simply because the topic wasn't important enough so far - meaning that currently that content is proprietary. However, using our documentation shouldn't require publishing the content elsewhere? You are free to do anything with the information, merely copying the text is restricted. If you actually need to publish it elsewhere, I don't think we ever denied that assuming that it is still attributed as adblockplus.org content.