[Done] Moving documentation into a wiki

Discussion on adblockplus.org website and translations
Wladimir Palant

Re: Moving documentation into a wiki

Post by Wladimir Palant »

I am flipping the switch now so don't be surprised that the Anwiki links no longer work.
Wladimir Palant

Wladimir Palant

@nitrox: I fixed an issue with Anwiki login - it was case-sensitive while phpBB login is case-insensitive (and also deals with homographs). But I guess this doesn't solve the problem for you. Maybe your password contains non-English characters?
Michael

Post by Michael »

Visiting jsdoc/adblockplus/, linked to by en/documentation, now results in a 403 error.
Wladimir Palant

Thank you, fixed. After fixing server configuration for the third time today - maybe I just need unit tests for the website :-(
Michael

Post by Michael »

Is there a particular reason why ##*.sponsor is used at en/filters#elemhide_basic instead of the more efficient ##.sponsor? I also assume that ##textad should probably be ###textad.
Wladimir Palant

No, ##textad is correct - textad is the tag name in the example. As to *#sponsorad - I simply figured that ### would look confusing.
alberto

Post by alberto »

It is fascinating to see how the website is being translated in different languages.

Just noticed a couple of minor issues you may want to address

* Untranslated links are not underlined so it's not obvious these are links. Going forward, when new sections are added, initially the untranslated text replicated to all languages will not show clearly any new links.

* ABP options are being proposed for translation, however these should probably be "fixed" text. For example, in Korean the options (e.g. script, image, background, etc) have been translated ko/filters?a=view#options -- is this correct? I think Anwiki has an feature to translate all similar instances, this may also lead to unintentional changes in this scenario.
Wladimir Palant

alberto wrote:* Untranslated links are not underlined so it's not obvious these are links. Going forward, when new sections are added, initially the untranslated text replicated to all languages will not show clearly any new links.
Yes, meant to fix that one, thank you for reminding - done.
* ABP options are being proposed for translation, however these should probably be "fixed" text. For example, in Korean the options (e.g. script, image, background, etc) have been translated ko/filters?a=view#options -- is this correct? I think Anwiki has an feature to translate all similar instances, this may also lead to unintentional changes in this scenario.
Thank you, fixed that (and most of the other code blocks as wel). All HTML code was imported from the old webpage "as is" and this means that all text is translatable by default. I will be marking text as "fixed" if necessary but I think the approach will only be really consistent with new texts.