[suggestion] adding descriptions about subscriptions

Discussion on adblockplus.org website and translations
maybee

[suggestion] adding descriptions about subscriptions

Post by maybee »

I have read a post. for new users it is difficult to select filter subscriptions that they want really.
forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8458
subject : Best Filter Scubsription?
so it would come down between easylist vs fanboy's list and I have no clue which one is better.
I think it would be better to add descriptions of filter subscriptions to the page of 'Known Adblock Plus subscriptions'.
e.g. English language : EasyList, Fanboy's List, AdblockRules.org, Adversity, Peter Lowe's list
for English language there are 5 filter subscriptions. but no clue or description to select.
we can't know obvious differences among them.
if adding descriptions to filter subscriptions it will be easy to select them like those of firefox's addons
Wladimir Palant

Re: [suggestion] adding descriptions about subscriptions

Post by Wladimir Palant »

We had descriptions originally but what description could possibly allow someone choose between EasyList, Fanboy's List or Adversity? Anyway, main reason why descriptions were removed - managing them is way too much effort, particularly considering the length of the list and the number of languages.
maybee

Post by maybee »

yes, I think so.
ideally it will be good that each site contains their descriptions of them.
particularly considering the length of the list and the number of languages
how about tooltip or a linking way to a page of their descriptions?
Wladimir Palant

Post by Wladimir Palant »

We already link to websites containing additional information. And tooltips don't make the whole thing easier to manage.