Merge the easy list and ABP forums into one ?

Discussion on adblockplus.org website and translations
vinny86

Merge the easy list and ABP forums into one ?

Post by vinny86 »

Since a few people report filter problems on the ABP forums and most new/casual users can't differentiate between the easylist forum and the ABP one, wouldn't it be better to merge the forums ? :?
Ares2

Re: Merge the easy list and ABP forums into one ?

Post by Ares2 »

Let's ignore for a second that most if not all people involved wouldn't be happy with that and that it would be quite complicated to do.

I don't see how this would change anything for the users you mention? Their issues will already be taken care of here, most of them only report one specific problem, and as they don't know what subscription they are using, they would probably not even post in the EasyList section anyway - it's hard to make people post where they should. Additionally, even if we use adblockplus.org as a place to host our list (something that could be changed if really necessary or advisable for some reason), EasyList is a separate project and only one of several filter subscriptions - this forum is supposed to be neutral ground in that regard and you are with ABP long enough to know that. :wink:
lewisje

Post by lewisje »

On the other hand, this place is the unofficial support forum for the Adversity list, ever since Adversity's own forum closed down...
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.
Hubird

Post by Hubird »

lewisje wrote:On the other hand, this place is the unofficial support forum for the Adversity list,
I do have an email address listed on my site so people can contact me.

This is the unofficial support forum for every list :!:
Wladimir Palant

Post by Wladimir Palant »

I don't really see what this would get us. Yes, new users often land here first, something that we cannot prevent. Returning contributors post in the EasyList forum however - it has better structure and all the right people hang out there. And the EasyList admins can make changes to the forum at any time without bothering me.