Adblock causes of Internet connection problems

Everything about using the stand-alone Adblock Plus app on Android
vaga4ever

Adblock causes of Internet connection problems

Post by vaga4ever »

First, I would like to congratulate the application, because today for me is essential, especially in Android. However, I have observed that when this is enabled I have many problems connecting to my Wi-Fi that are solved by disabling Adblock completely. I use Adblock Plus last version (1.2) in several devices, a tablet with Android 4.2, another tablet with Android 4.1.2 and 3.0, a smartphone with Android 4.4.2... And the problem occurs in all of them.
The Wi-Fi is set according to Adblock indicating, and it works; the problem is that it seems to lose the connection and gives me error. It lasts a couple of seconds, but as continuous and does not offer me a comfortable experience, because I have to be constantly reloading pages or applications. The subscription I use is EasyList, and this only happens on Android, because I have Adblock also in browsers that use in my pc and they go perfectly.
It is very troublesome, especially in applications such as Google Play or Instagram, which gives me error almost every option I press.

Nor I can access the adf.ly links while you have Adblock enabled, but that bothers me less.

So I hope you investigate and settle it soon. Congratulations on the application and thank you very much for creating it!
Regards
HAHA

Re: Adblock causes of Internet connection problems

Post by HAHA »

Me too!!
Someone1001

Post by Someone1001 »

I have exactly the same problem...
EvilSupahFly

Post by EvilSupahFly »

I have a similar problem with ABP on my Sony Xperia phone. When ABP is enabled on my WIFI, I have problems connecting to YouTube (takes 4 or 5 tries), and I am completely unable to access my Gmail. Q
another_vaga

Post by another_vaga »

Hey I don't know what to do get this message everytime I want to open a link on google "ERR_proxy_connection_failed" and also my google store as no connection and my phone syncs to google not working. unistalled adblock but still same. how can I fix it, its because I changed proxy for wifi to 2020 like on instructions?

thanks in advance
nawa87

Post by nawa87 »

I have the same problem as well. However I noticed the app crashes/turns itself off, and that is when I loose my internet connection..
mapx

Post by mapx »

gal889

Post by gal889 »

mapx wrote:Did you test the last dev build ?
https://downloads.adblockplus.org/devbu ... usandroid/
not working on nexsus 5. same problem
gal889

Post by gal889 »

i have latest build installed on my nexsus 5, (15/07/2014 build 313)
facebook and other apps keep getting connections errors and time outs.
android007

Post by android007 »

I have the latest build but it causes all kinds of issues....

1). gmail real slow or constant retrying
2) youtube won't play - error message and network error
3) cnn - video won't play just sits there and spins
4) won''t block ad pop-ups like Press + on my newspaper site http://thespec.com pop up keeps telling I have read enough articles and to subscribe
5) got an adblock edge message yesterday, whats this all about?

If I remove adblock all is well (except for ads of course)

Samsung Tablet 4.2.2

Settings - (manual) - (localhost) - (2020) - (cnn.com,youtube.com)
:cry:
Last edited by android007 on Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mapx

Post by mapx »

report the issue on the bug tracker, providing all the steps to reproduce it:
https://issues.adblockplus.org
kxra

Post by kxra »

This is an older thread about it: forum/viewtopic.php?t=15474

I experience this with both the stable build and the latest dev build

reported a bug here https://issues.adblockplus.org/ticket/3322#ticket
babywin

Post by babywin »

vaga4ever wrote:First, I would like to congratulate the application, because today for me is essential, especially in Android. However, I have observed that when this is enabled I have many problems connecting to my Wi-Fi that are solved by disabling Adblock completely. I use Adblock Plus last version (1.2) in several devices, a tablet with Android 4.2, another tablet with Android 4.1.2 and 3.0, a smartphone with Android 4.4.2... And the problem occurs in all of them.
The Wi-Fi is set according to Adblock indicating, and it works; the problem is that it seems to lose the connection and gives me error. It lasts a couple of seconds, but as continuous and does not offer me a comfortable experience, because I have to be constantly reloading pages or applications. The subscription I use is EasyList, and this only happens on Android, because I have Adblock also in browsers that use in my pc and they go perfectly.
It is very troublesome, especially in applications such as Google Play or Instagram, which gives me error almost every option I press.

Nor I can access the adf.ly links while you have Adblock enabled, but that bothers me less.

So I hope you investigate and settle it soon. Congratulations on the application and thank you very much for creating it!
Regards
Still have this issue on lollipop 5.1.1 galaxy note 4.
This also happens with adaway.
rach

Post by rach »

Hey babywin!

Thanks for reaching out to us.
Have you changed Wi-fi connections?

All the best,
cmmc

Post by cmmc »

I'm also having connection timeouts. Only noticed it in google play store, so far, and updating from stable to latest dev build seems it's less frequent now. Typically, everything seems ok, but when I try to scroll down on an app page, anything below the top of the page (app pics, etc.) is blank (grey) and then the timeout message shows.
Acer Iconia B3-A20, Android 5.1

edit: also happening with gmail.