[malware] App of the Day (don't install !)

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Google Chrome
eziggy3

Re: [adware] App of the Day

Post by eziggy3 »

Downloaded and installed Adblock plus. With only Adblock Plus running I still get that annoying text. Shut it off and refresh the page...and it is gone.
eziggy3

Post by eziggy3 »

Funny thing is the site that I have been seeing the message does not have ads. Adblock must be reacting to something else.
Anon7/20

Post by Anon7/20 »

If you go into the options of the Chrome Extension - Video Download Helper, then the settings for that extention, there is an auto-enabled option for 'SuperFish powered similar product search". Disable that and the App of the day message should disappear.
MulderFoxx

Post by MulderFoxx »

ChromeReload 0.9.3 was the culprit for me.
ljordan27

Post by ljordan27 »

awesome new tab ext >:/ on my end
Anoynymous

Post by Anoynymous »

Mine was Defer (Formerly Instachrome).
crawler

Post by crawler »

For me it was FVD Downloader 5.9.5 causing that text
Katie

Post by Katie »

For me it was the Chrome extension "translate selection"
Felstaff

Re: Adblock Plus Extension Spam?

Post by Felstaff »

ShadeStalker wrote:Same happened here. This time it was "RSS Livelinks". Annoying, it was a very useful extension.
You can disable the ads within RSS Live Links: simply go to "Other Options" and check "disable ads", et voila. You don't need to disable RSS Live Links entirely.
rhornsby

Post by rhornsby »

For me, the offending extension was "Incognito This!" version 5.2. Once disabled, the spam stopped being injected.
rhornsby

Post by rhornsby »

As a follow up, the original "Incognito This" chrome store app page has disappeared. So I suspect that it was assumed by spammers.
nucleuz

Post by nucleuz »

Incognito This! caused the problem.....
OHelloHey

Post by OHelloHey »

Just in case anyone is dealing with it on a Mac and had the same problem in Safari. Try Preferences (Safari)>>>>Extensions>>>>> and on left column look at which extension is related with superfish.com. Go ahead and uninstall it.
After seeing many threads about it in Chrome, I couldn't find one about it with Safari. Hope this helps.
eziggy3

Post by eziggy3 »

mapx wrote:eziggy, that one isnt adblock plus

remove it, install the last dev build adblock plus for safari from
devbuilds/adblockplussafari/00latest.safariextz

and ...I told you, remove all the other extensions (then you can try 1 by 1 adding them again and testing after each 1)
Followed the instructions for Chrome and Safari. Only Adblock installed. When it is on I get the text, when it is disabled I don't.
mapx

Post by mapx »

eziggy, so now you have only adblock plus ? Did you remove (not disabled) all other extensions ? And still have those ads ?