chrome: Shock Wave Flash Crash

Posting here is no longer possible, please use the forum of a filter list project, such as EasyList
Handmade.Mercury

Re: chrome: Shock Wave Flash Crash

Post by Handmade.Mercury »

Yep, dev build works for me! Thanks
Handmade.Mercury

Post by Handmade.Mercury »

Ok, I lied. I tried another Flash game today (this one: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/631599) and still running into the same problem. Using latest Chrome, dev build of ABP, all other extensions disabled
mapx

Post by mapx »

don't see any issue (usign only easylist), the game starts loading..
did you try disabling ABP ? still happens ?

try (if you have 2 flash players - the chrome one and the other for firefox for example) switching between the 2 flashes
go to chrome://plugins
click details (on the right side)
see where it's flash
keep only 1 enabled
restart chrome
re-test
Roko

Post by Roko »

A work-around I've found is to open 2 tabs of the desired link (in Chrome). The first one will crash after a few seconds (stop the plug-in when asked), then after that the second one will play as intended.
Roehcai

Post by Roehcai »

This is still happening to me and can't figure out how to stop it (other than disabling Adblock).
JoshM

Post by JoshM »

I, too, was experiencing the issue with Adblock Plus where Flash Player would crash when video ads were displayed/blocked on Newgrounds.com, and for me, the fix was what mapx suggested, which is to only have one instance of the Flash Player plug-in enabled.

To disable all but one instance of the Flash Player plug-in in Chrome:

1. Type ‘chrome://plugins/’ (without quotes) in the address bar
2. Click ‘Details’ in the top right corner of the page to expand Plug-ins list details
3. Click 'Disable' for all but one instance of the ‘Adobe Flash Player’ plug-in (the disabled instances will turn gray)

Click the image below to see the steps:

Josh