APB making youtube videos randomly skip to another video

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
indy

APB making youtube videos randomly skip to another video

Post by indy »

So ill click on a video in youtube it starts playing, and after a few seconds it skips to a random video in the search results. Incredibly frustrating, it won't stop either. If I don't close the tab it'll keep skipping to another random video after a few seconds of playing. Disabling APB, will will resolve the issue, or using another browser.
mapx

Re: APB making youtube videos randomly skip to another video

Post by mapx »

Are you using some youtube extension ? or some userscript (installed in greasemonkey) ?

you can try resetting firefox, reinstall only ABP and test again
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/re ... t-problems
SFVace

Post by SFVace »

happens to me to since couple weeks or months i think i got firefox still on and ABP and it happens on youtube. i dont recall changing anything except for it to ASK me if it saves stuff i do online but that was for adobe flash or something i think and it does that allow or deny pop up on screen of some non youtube vids.

i dont know how to get informed about if anyone replys to my email is sfvace at aol dot ocm
mapx

Post by mapx »

Can you reproduce it ?
only for some videos ? for all ?

Answer also my questions above, try disabling all other addons, re-test
SFVace

Post by SFVace »

Can you reproduce it ?
-what>?
only for some videos ? for all ?
-some videos, at random.

Answer also my questions above, try disabling all other addons, re-test
which questions above, previous one's to the other person? i dont know of any addons i have. how can i uninstall/reinstall adblock?
lewisje

Post by lewisje »

Ctrl+Shift+A will open the Add-Ons page, then if the Extensions tab isn't already selected, select it, and go to "Adblock Plus" (which should be near the top).

If you want to back up your ABP settings, make a copy of the patterns.ini file from the adblockplus folder in your Firefox profile directory, then after re-installing ABP, close Firefox, copy patterns.ini back in, and reopen the browser.

Once you're in the Add-Ons page, just click Uninstall in the Adblock Plus row to uninstall ABP, then go to https://adblockplus.org/ to re-install; you won't need to restart Firefox first, but it doesn't hurt.
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.

Post by Guest »

lewisje wrote:Ctrl+Shift+A will open the Add-Ons page, then if the Extensions tab isn't already selected, select it, and go to "Adblock Plus" (which should be near the top).

If you want to back up your ABP settings, make a copy of the patterns.ini file from the adblockplus folder in your Firefox profile directory, then after re-installing ABP, close Firefox, copy patterns.ini back in, and reopen the browser.

Once you're in the Add-Ons page, just click Uninstall in the Adblock Plus row to uninstall ABP, then go to https://adblockplus.org/ to re-install; you won't need to restart Firefox first, but it doesn't hurt.
did the reinstall and thought it worked but its happening again.
mapx

Post by mapx »

-reset firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/re ... t-problems
-install ABP
-test again
Annakin

Post by Annakin »

I don't have APB and never had, but I have this issue.
sfvace

Post by sfvace »

Annakin wrote:I don't have APB and never had, but I have this issue.
i turned ABP off and still had the problem so i think youre right. i will RE install flash and if you can RE isntall your browser or use a different one, one of use must get it right and can post the answer for us all just save this forum page link.
savethevinyl

Post by savethevinyl »

I am also having this issue. Although I'm not sure it's related to apb. I think it happened after my most recent firefox and flash update. Youtube plays a video. 10-15 sec later the video randomly skips to a different video in the list on the side. It will usually play this video without skipping, but it is not the desired choice. This only appears to happen in firefox. Maybe it is something with flash?