ABP stopped working and blocked internet

Everything about using the stand-alone Adblock Plus app on Android
unforgiven

ABP stopped working and blocked internet

Post by unforgiven »

Phone: LG G2 verizon/VS980 edition
OS: first KitKat 4.4.2 then Lollipop 5.0.2 (both official OTA versions)
ABP version 1.3 build 359, easylist filters only, no acceptable ads
Naked Browser version 1.0 build 90

I installed ABP a few weeks ago when my phone was running 4.4.2. I had to forget each wifi network and re-add them in order to get the manual proxy settings to save, but once I did ABP seemed to work quite well. After a week or so it started having problems, most noticeably it would let ads through. Usually rebooting my phone fixed that, at least temporarily. My carrier (verizon) finally released lollipop OTA which I downloaded, and ABP seemed to be working about the same. But about 5 days later, I couldn't use a browser, app, or google play store over wifi, as it claimed that it could connect to my router but had no internet access. If I turned wifi off it seemed to use mobile data just fine, but ABP didn't block ads on my phone while using mobile data. I first disabled ABP, but that didn't help at all. Next I forgot my wifi connection and then re-added it, but without the manual proxy settings required by ABP. My wifi now works as it should (ABP is disabled).
mktxsis

Re: ABP stopped working and blocked internet

Post by mktxsis »

Same exact problem. Brand new S6 Active, Lollipop, downloaded and installed ABP, fixed proxy settings and no Internet over Wifi unless I remove the ABP proxy settings, in which case no ad blocking is available.