[Done] Copy "Adblockable items" list?

Various discussions related to Adblock Plus development
Warmaker

[Done] Copy "Adblockable items" list?

Post by Warmaker »

Hi there everybody...
Lately I've tried to get a few URLs from adblockable items list and there's no damn way to do it, but to click every item, then Ctrl+C and then paste (or use some Clipboard manager, doesn't matter) somewhere.

My question is: is there a way to select and copy many URLs at once (or the entire list... would be easier anyway)?

I guess there is no such option in Adblock itself, but maybe some other plugin or some small piece of software?
Anyway, I wonder why it's not possible? It would be useful and (I guess) can't be difficult to implement...

Thanks in advance.
Take care

PS.couldn't find anything about that here or anywhere else... missed something?
Hubird

Post by Hubird »

I see what you mean. In the blockable items list it is not possible to select more than one item at once. It would be nice if it conformed to the usual Windows standards and allowed you to use control or shift to select more than one item.
jamieplucinski

Post by jamieplucinski »

Hubird wrote:I see what you mean. In the blockable items list it is not possible to select more than one item at once. It would be nice if it conformed to the usual Windows standards and allowed you to use control or shift to select more than one item.
This isn't actually a normal Windows standard, list boxes like the blockable items list are, by default, only able to select one item, they need to be modified to enable modifier keys (ctrl/shift) to select more than one item.

Copy and paste would be a nice addition, but if that list was to be modified I'd love to see a tree view like in the subscription window that would group items based on type (image/script/flash/frame) and status (blocked/unblocked) so users could collapse the list and make it easier to read.
Hubird

Post by Hubird »

As well as the feature previously discussed (or even export the whole list) I would like the tool tips in the blockable items list to to be expanded a little.

At the moment they look like this

I would like the tool tips to also include the name of the subscription the filter is in.

Something like this:
Adblock Plus Fan

Post by Adblock Plus Fan »

Hubird wrote:I would like the tool tips to also include the name of the subscription the filter is in.

Something like this:
I really like this idea!
Wladimir Palant

Post by Wladimir Palant »

Well, I can easily add multiple selection to that list - but only one item in the context menu can apply to multiple items. The others will still apply to the current item only - which is somewhat ugly.

As to displaying the filter subscription in the filter list - good idea. Only problem: filters can be in multiple subscriptions and in user's filters at the same time, Adblock Plus treats them all as the one filter.
Hubird

Post by Hubird »

As to displaying the filter subscription in the filter list - good idea. Only problem: filters can be in multiple subscriptions and in user's filters at the same time, Adblock Plus treats them all as the one filter.
I guess it is not possible / practical to display every list the filter is located in if it is in more than one ?
Wladimir Palant

No, it isn't. I can probably display one without hurting performance. Which one it is will be random then.
Hubird

Post by Hubird »

Wladimir Palant wrote:No, it isn't. I can probably display one without hurting performance. Which one it is will be random then.
I think that would still be useful.
Dr. Evil

Post by Dr. Evil »

Would it be possible then, to disable all duplicate filters when one them is disabled?
Wladimir Palant

This is what already happens - as I said, Adblock Plus treats them all as one filter.
Adblock Plus Fan

Post by Adblock Plus Fan »

Hubird wrote:
Wladimir Palant wrote:No, it isn't. I can probably display one without hurting performance. Which one it is will be random then.
I think that would still be useful.
I think so too, as long as there can somehow be some extra text to flag that the item has been randomized.
Hubird

Post by Hubird »

I think so too, as long as there can somehow be some extra text to flag that the item has been randomized.
From what Wladimir was saying it does not sound like this would be possible (I could be wrong !!). If not I still would like to see it added, it would work perfect most of the time.
Hubird

Post by Hubird »

As long as people don't have more than one general subscription the extended tool tips should work fine.
Wladimir Palant

Subscription name has been added to the tooltip.