"Waiting for traffic..."

Everything about using the stand-alone Adblock Plus app on Android
brianabp

"Waiting for traffic..."

Post by brianabp »

I believe I followed the installation steps correctly for my Android phone and now this msg continually displays in the notification dropdown: "Waiting for traffic on port 2020". Does this mean all is well and good w/my installation or, if not, what do I need to do to make it so?
thuguerre

Re: "Waiting for traffic..."

Post by thuguerre »

I exactly had the same issue while installing the android app on my phone 2 days ago.
I think the installation (once proxy is correctly set) is OK : when restarting phone, this notification does not longer appear, and is even replaced by a confirmation that AD+ is running.

However, it should be a great improvment if the notification "Waiting for traffic on port 2020" is automatically deleted or replaced by this confirmation, without any user action.
brianabp

Post by brianabp »

Thx
Elfere

Post by Elfere »

Running abp 1.3 built 361
On galaxy s5 sm g900w8
(ill add the other studf in an edit)
Easylist

My phone always say "waiting for traffic" tells me to manually change stuff to 2020 localhost.
But the abp is working, i almost never see adds,

Sometimes the abp doesn't work, and i clixk it on and off and restart my wifi and it works (sometimes abp even says its working)

Also. I love abp, i telll everyone about it, i don't know why anyone lives in an ad ridden world.
brianabp

Post by brianabp »

Restarting after install seems to have done it. I now continually get the display that ads are blocked.
thuguerre

Post by thuguerre »

By long-pressing the notification, you can access the application settings for Android and disable ABP notifications.
You will not be annoyed anymore with this notification.

For example, this is an online procedure :
http://www.howtogeek.com/204187/how-to- ... n-android/

Be careful, I am not well aware of possible notifications ABP could send to you.
If you do that (I have), you can miss other important notifications.
brianabp

Post by brianabp »

Thx for your reply, thuguerre, and I realize I worded it wrong :roll: . I'm not complaining about the continual display but merely stating that I now have ongoing confirmation that ADP is working properly :D .