[Removed] gutefrage.net search & content ads

Inclusion proposals for "acceptable ads" list are discussed here. New topics cannot be created, constructive comments are welcome, flaming will be removed.

Moderators: Till, greiner

[Removed] gutefrage.net search & content ads

Postby greiner » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:45 pm

Proposed filters
Code: Select all
||gutefrage.net/px.js?ch=2
@@||ex.banner.t-online.de/ttj?id=$script,domain=gutefrage.net
@@||adnxs.com/ttj?id=$script,domain=gutefrage.net
@@||adnxs.com/if?enc^$subdocument,document,domain=gutefrage.net
@@||pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/$script,domain=gutefrage.net
@@||googleads.g.doubleclick.net/pagead/ads?$script,domain=gutefrage.net
@@||googleads.g.doubleclick.net/pagead/ads?*^ad_type=text^$subdocument,document,domain=gutefrage.net
@@||googleads.g.doubleclick.net/aclk^$subdocument,domain=gutefrage.net
@@||googleadservices.com/pagead/aclk^$subdocument,domain=gutefrage.net
@@||google.com/uds/$script,subdocument,document,domain=gutefrage.net
@@||google.com/cse?$subdocument,document,domain=gutefrage.net
@@||google.com/aclk^$subdocument,domain=gutefrage.net
gutefrage.net#@#.googleAdsense
gutefrage.net#@#.block-ad


If approved, the same filters will also be applied to the domains autofrage.net, computerfrage.net, finanzfrage.net, gesundheitsfrage.net, motorradfrage.net, produktfrage.net, reisefrage.net and sportlerfrage.net.

Link to a test page
http://www.gutefrage.net/fragen/offene/1
http://www.gutefrage.net/suche?q=iphone&ie=UTF-8

Advertising type
Google text ads above, between and under questions (entries)
Google text ads in the right sidebar
Plista ads with small static banners at the bottom of the page

Sponsored Google search results above search results

Additional Technical Information
None.

Concerns
None.
User avatar
greiner
ABP Developer
 
Posts: 669
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:29 pm
Location: Cologne, Germany

Re: gutefrage.net search & content ads

Postby greiner » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:24 pm

Added.
User avatar
greiner
ABP Developer
 
Posts: 669
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:29 pm
Location: Cologne, Germany

Re: [Reopened] gutefrage.net search & content ads

Postby greiner » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:25 am

Reopened due to serving of intrusive ads. We are currently in talks with them to resolve the issue and are otherwise forced to cancel the whitelisting.
User avatar
greiner
ABP Developer
 
Posts: 669
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:29 pm
Location: Cologne, Germany

Re: [Reopened] gutefrage.net search & content ads

Postby greiner » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:58 pm

Ads inside questions have now been moved to the bottom.
User avatar
greiner
ABP Developer
 
Posts: 669
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:29 pm
Location: Cologne, Germany

Re: [Under review] gutefrage.net search & content ads

Postby 123 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:43 pm

Yes, I would also say that ads on gutefrage.net are not acceptable. They seem like a normal user contribution, with a tiny little caption "Anzeige" exactly between the ad and the above user post. The only other difference is the image on the left, but it even has the same colours.

IIRC this isn't the first time they changed the ads significantly after being accepted.

EDIT: For now, I'll remove the acceptable ads checkbox.
123
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:35 pm

Re: [Under review] gutefrage.net search & content ads

Postby ManuelC » Mon May 04, 2015 10:44 am

123 wrote:Yes, I would also say that ads on gutefrage.net are not acceptable. They seem like a normal user contribution, with a tiny little caption "Anzeige" exactly between the ad and the above user post. The only other difference is the image on the left, but it even has the same colours.

IIRC this isn't the first time they changed the ads significantly after being accepted.

EDIT: For now, I'll remove the acceptable ads checkbox.


Actually, these ads were put under review because the original proposal did not correspond to the ads they serve now. We detected those changes and contacted them to get the proposal updated.
Also, some late changes on Google AfC ads resulted in the disappearance of the "advertising" label on some of them. We are currently solving this issue as well.
As per the ad units you refer to, they actually do comply with the Acceptable Ads criteria, since they are labeled as such in two different ways: 1. Label on top left. 2. Exclamation symbol on the left to distinguish them from organic answers. They are also correctly separated from the content.

We will take your concerns into account though and bring them up among the ABP team to see if there is room for improvement here.

Thanks.
ManuelC
 

Re: [Under review] gutefrage.net search & content ads

Postby ManuelC » Mon May 04, 2015 10:57 am

Whitelist as per April 2015:

Link to a test page
http://www.gutefrage.net/frage/unterschied-32gb--16gb
http://www.gutefrage.net/fragen/offene/1
http://www.gutefrage.net/suche?q=iphone&ie=UTF-8

Advertising type
1. Google text ads at the bottom of the page on open questions pages
2. Google text ads between questions (entries)
3. Sponsored Google search results above search results

Additional Technical Information
None

Concerns
None
ManuelC
 

Re: [Under review] gutefrage.net search & content ads

Postby ManuelC » Mon May 04, 2015 11:00 am

Under review due to possible criteria violation. Recent changes made by Google in their AfC text ads have resulted in the automatic disappearance of the label. This currently only affects the ads at the bottom of the page on pages like this:

http://www.gutefrage.net/fragen/offene/1
ManuelC
 

Re: [Under review] gutefrage.net search & content ads

Postby 123 » Sun May 24, 2015 3:51 pm

innerself wrote:1. Label on top left.

I still see a problem with this, as the label is 1. not clearly referencing to the box below, because it's vertically in the visual middle of the user post above and the ad below, 2. in comparison to the ad barely visible (remarkably smaller font size, and similar font and background colour).

innerself wrote:2. Exclamation symbol on the left to distinguish them from organic answers.

I still see a problem with this, as the symbol is the only difference: the colour of the symbol, the background colour, the shape the symbols are on, the font of the content of the boxes are the same. Therefore, it's very hard to distinguish the ads at first sight.

innerself wrote:They are also correctly separated from the content.

They may be separated, but they still look much too similar to organic answers. In my opinion, unobtrusive ads shouldn't look all too much like organic answers, and should be distinguishable at first sight, not after having to check for minor differences.

On another note, sometimes (I'm not sure when exactly), the symbol on the left of the ads are the same quotation marks which are used for the posts. Have a recent screenshot:
Image
123
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:35 pm

Re: [Under review] gutefrage.net search & content ads

Postby ManuelC » Fri May 29, 2015 5:02 pm

123 wrote:I still see a problem with this, as the label is 1. not clearly referencing to the box below, because it's vertically in the visual middle of the user post above and the ad below, 2. in comparison to the ad barely visible (remarkably smaller font size, and similar font and background colour).


According to the natural reading flow, top left is the first spot to be read. Still, a bigger label would be ideal.

123 wrote:I still see a problem with this, as the symbol is the only difference: the colour of the symbol, the background colour, the shape the symbols are on, the font of the content of the boxes are the same. Therefore, it's very hard to distinguish the ads at first sight.


There are more differences. The word "Antwort" is missing on the ads and substituted by the ad headline. Feedback icons are missing, and an extra button with an arrow -common on Google's AfC ads- is showing.

123 wrote:On another note, sometimes (I'm not sure when exactly), the symbol on the left of the ads are the same quotation marks which are used for the posts. Have a recent screenshot:
Image


Thanks for the heads up! Unfortunately, I could not reproduce the issue. Will continue trying it. Also, as I pointed out, your concerns will be raised among the ABP team.
ManuelC
 

Re: [Under review] gutefrage.net search & content ads

Postby ManuelC » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:32 pm

innerself wrote:Under review due to possible criteria violation. Recent changes made by Google in their AfC text ads have resulted in the automatic disappearance of the label. This currently only affects the ads at the bottom of the page on pages like this:

http://www.gutefrage.net/fragen/offene/1


Solved. The label shows again.
ManuelC
 

Re: [Added] gutefrage.net search & content ads

Postby ManuelC » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:39 am

After valid concerns raised, Gutefrage.net Google AdSense text ad units between questions are now under review due to insufficient labeling. A batter label and more clear separation from the content will be asked. Changes should be deployed within the next 30 days.
ManuelC
 

Re: [Added] gutefrage.net search & content ads

Postby shabie » Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:30 pm

innerself wrote:After valid concerns raised, Gutefrage.net Google AdSense text ad units between questions are now under review due to insufficient labeling. A batter label and more clear separation from the content will be asked. Changes should be deployed within the next 30 days.


Solved. Added back again.
shabie
ABP Student Help
 
Posts: 771
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:59 pm



Return to Acceptable ads proposals

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests