BUG: disable autoplay does not work

Everything about using Adblock Browser on Android
emaggini

BUG: disable autoplay does not work

Post by emaggini »

I am running the latest Adblock browser on a Samsung Note 5. I have deselected the autoplay option in the Display Settings menu. However videos still autoplay is there a plug in to stop this or is this a bug.
rach

Re: BUG: disable autoplay does not work

Post by rach »

Hey emaggini!

Thanks for reaching out to us.
Could you give us an example of website / video where videos still autoplay even after you deselected the autoplay option?
Also what is the version of your Android?

Looking forward to your reply.
phree

Post by phree »

Www.cnn.com

Any news article with a video autoplays.
wallstrum

Post by wallstrum »

i'm having the same problem on cnn.com as well; it's been bugging me for about 8 months, but i finally decided to look for a solution. usually, i open the articles i want to read in new tabs. the specific problem with cnn's site is that the video on the page doesn't just play that specific video and then stop - it loops to another video and another, etc. if i don't use the multitasking button and completely close out of adblock plus, my battery will die within a matter of a couple of hours with several tabs playing videos all at the same time while my phone is locked in my pocket. what can i do to actually have the "no auto play videos" work for cnn?

thanks!

wally
CaptTom

Post by CaptTom »

Has anyone got an answer for this? The HTML5 autoplay videos are getting really annoying, and are appearing at more and more sites. Nothing like settling down for some quiet browsing in a public place, only to have a loud video suddenly start blaring its BS to everyone around you.

I don't want to abandon the ABP browser, but if the developers have abandoned it, I suppose I'd have no choice.